This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Flight plans not appearing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilson90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Flight plans not appearing
    Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 12:55pm
I have traffic X and the civil/military PlusPak added to FSX, Ive added Third party A/C such as the HS Trident and BAC 1-11.  When I create flight plans for the AI versions to take off and land ect. at my favourite airport EGNT they dont appear at all.  I've even used Traffic X default AI a/c doing circuits at EGNT and EGNV as an all day thing but they done appear either.  Help please, I just want to see classic liners coming and going when I fly.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 11:23pm
You don't say whether you did a COMPILE or not after adding/edting your flight plans.  After adding or doing edits, you need to recompile the traffic database for your flight plan changes to appear in FSX.  If you need instructions, see this thread here: How do I re-compile the traffic database?

Note 1 ... After doing the compile, when testing to see if your plane appears ... run FSX and set the time to the scheduled time the plane is supposed to appear. If it is not there, set the FSX clock BACK about half-an-hour. Check again. Still not there? Set the FSX clock BACK again, another half-an-hour. And maybe BACK again a third time if it is still not there. After doing that, reset the clock back to the scheduled time for the plane but this time set the FSX clock FORWARD about half-an-hour. Check again. Still not there? Set the FSX clock FORWARD again, another half-an-hour. And maybe FORWARD again a third time if it is still not there. The idea is to check a good deal of time BEFORE and AFTER the scheduled time.

Note 2 ... Due to a "randomness" factor built-in to the compile process, sometimes a plane that you have added (or edited) may NOT appear in FSX even after you have recompiled the traffic database and done checks as per Note 1 above.  Just recompile a second time and test again, as per Note 1.  And then if it still doesn't appear, compile again and test, a third time, to be sure. I've had cases where I compile and can see my plane ... but on the next compile that I do, the plane is gone and no longer shows. I just recompile again.  This "randomness" appears to be there to help prevent congestion at airports and to also, well, create a random feel to everything.  Who really knows?  It can sometimes be a little annoying, but as long as you are aware of it, then you can work OK with it.
neilson90 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilson90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 9:37pm
Hi, I did not try that because I used the Justflight tutorial and at no point did it say after making custom flight plans I had to compile the files as you stated.
However I have done  and after designing a flight plan and compiling, then going to the airport 10mins before the take off time.  The aircraft was there on the apron but did not take off at 1910hrs, however there was a marked increase in traffic since I compiled the BGL file.  I'll keep on making new plans and check the airport again hopefully to see a Trident or comet take off and land at EGNT.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:52am
Originally posted by neilson90 neilson90 wrote:

Hi, I did not try that because I used the Justflight tutorial and at no point did it say after making custom flight plans I had to compile the files as you stated.

Yes, the tutorial, sadly, does miss that one very critical point.

However I have done  and after designing a flight plan and compiling, then going to the airport 10mins before the take off time.  The aircraft was there on the apron but did not take off at 1910hrs...

Your planes are not always going to take off at the exact time you set in your flight plan.  The actual time a plane taxis and takes off depends on a number of factors ... all under FSX's control.  For example, if there is lots of other traffic already in the takeoff queue, or maybe lots of other AI planes about to land, and a range of other things.

If you see the plane on the apron, but it doesn't takeoff at your scheduled flight plan time, then set FSX's time forward by half-an-hour and see if the plane is still there.  If it isn't, then set the time back 15 minutes.  Basically, using this method, setting the FSX time forward and back, by ever-decreasing amounts, you will eventually "zero-in" on the take off time.  And, once you work that out, you can then sit back and watch it go.

...however there was a marked increase in traffic since I compiled the BGL file.  I'll keep on making new plans and check the airport again hopefully to see a Trident or comet take off and land at EGNT.

Speaking of a "marked increase in traffic", be sure to download and install the Traffic X Service Pack from the Just Flight FAQ page (here: FAQ for Traffic X).  An increased amount of traffic was one of the (many) fixes in the Service Pack.  If you are not sure whether or not you already have the Service Pack, I would simply recommend you download it anyway and install it ... it won't hurt anything if you do have it already ... it would simply install over the top of your existing install and won't change anything.  But, of course, if you don't happen to already have it, then it would make the changes and do the fixes, including an extra increase in the amount of traffic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic