This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X causes FSX to crash?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X causes FSX to crash?
    Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 9:47am
Hello,
few months ago i bought Traffic X and since then had the problem that after starting a flight in fsx it crashed at 85% loading. This is what it does every time when loading at around 85%. After rebuilding my cfg all AI Traffic is lost but the problem is solved and FSX is working properly. When I install Traffic X again I have the same issue again.

What can be the problem?

Regards, Chris
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 10:08pm
Interesting.  I don't know the reason, but here's something to try/check ...

1) Get FSX working (for example, rebuild your .cfg file as you said in your post).

2) Make a BACKUP copy of the (working) FSX.cfg file.

3) Install Traffic X.  If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, be sure to right-click on the installer and choose the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option to run the installer.  (If you are not using this option, then that may in fact be the problem.)

4) Now check the FSX.cfg file to see if it has the following line in it in the [Main] section:

[Main]
  SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\TrafficX

Note that the "6" in "SimObjectPaths.6" will most likely be different for you.  It could be "SimObjectPaths.5" or "SimObjectPaths.7" or "SimObjectPaths.9" or whatever.

The reason why a clean (rebuilt) FSX.cfg file causes all of the Traffic X AI traffic to be lost is because the "SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\TrafficX" line will not be in the clean FSX.cfg and therefore Traffic X does not know where to look to get its AI models.

If your FSX is crashing, even with the correct line in the FSX.cfg, then you can always just copy in the backup that you made in step 2, or simply rebuilt the FSX.cfg again.

Unless anybody else has any suggestions, your best bet might be to send a quick support request to the guys at Just Flight. To do that, go here: Support Request. Make sure you choose the correct product (Traffic X) at the top of that Support Request page before you send your message.

Some other useful information which may be of help can also be found in this thread and associated links from Just Flight here: Reporting Traffic X problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic