This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

757 Freemium Flight Plan import

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayharris51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 757 Freemium Flight Plan import
    Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:53am
Hi,

Thanks for the free 757, it seems to work well in FSX on my very moderate machine.

I have a question about the FMC however. When I tried to import my FSX flightplans into the FMC, it shows the list of all available plans. The 757 tutorial plan loads perfectly, but my old plans all give a 'LOAD ERR' message and do not load.

I've never experienced this with any other add on before. Most of my plans are developed in FSC8 and then loaded into the Flight plan directory in FSX .pln format.

Apologies if I'm doing something stupid here. I did a quick read of the manual but couldn't see anything that might help. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ray
bonden3 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonden3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 5:53pm
i have a problem with the fmc i cant load the fs flightplan i can only fly direct routes anyone that can help me ty
Razbdaz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razbdaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:12pm
I am experiencing the same problem in the FMC. It will take the 757 Tutorial but not a FSX created plan or Direct Airport Plan as described in the tutorial. "Load Error" comes up every time. I think the Nav data has a problem.  My Flight Simulator X File contains a JFBoeing_NavData File  that links to a version.dat file ????? associated with a NeroMedia player. I don't believe the Nav file is present. I did submit a support requesrt , hopefully there is a fix to a great aircraft.Confused
Fred B
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 7:29am
Dunno whats wrong but mine just loads file.
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com
rayharris51 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayharris51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 11:43am
Hi
It looks like plans made with FSX own planner are XML format whereas others are text only. Although they are both .pln it only seems recognise the XML version in my 757 FMC.

The Cap Sim has the same issues on my rig so it may be my settings. Be good if JF support could help

Regards

Ray
Razbdaz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razbdaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 8:18pm
I'm still waiting for a reply from support. Did a comparison of files for the FMC in my Flight One ATR72-500. It contained several large .txt files like airports.txt, navaids.txt etc covering the globe. No .txt files at all under "JTFBoeing_ Nav Data".
regarding the XML issue, I build my plans in FSC8 and then transfer over to FSX flightplan. No problem with the plan showing up in the 757 HSI in the Map mode as well as in the GPS panel.  FMC doesn't recognize anything but the tutorial flight.  Going to try a re-install, see what happens. 
Fred B
Razbdaz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razbdaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 9:39pm
I received a response from support asking me to provide a screen shot of my error message????
 I believe I may have discovered the reason for not being able to load my FSX flight plans. I create my plans using Aerosoft's FSC8 program and then transferring the plan over to FSX. I then load the plan into my flight without a hitch. The 757  accepts this plan and is seen in the HSI map view as well as in the GPS, no problem. I have flown several flights under aoto pilot control. If I try to enter the plan in to the FMC , I receive a "Load Error" command in the scratch pad. No problem accepting the Tutorial plan.   
I decided to use only the FSX flightplanner and created a plan which I saved and loaded in to the 757. No problem in Map or in GPS and the plan was accepted in the FMC as well. Success at last. The problem must be in the formatting of the FSC8 flightplan versus the format created by the FSX flightplanner. Could be an XML and TXT issue. 
Just as an aside, the FMC that came with my Fligtht 1 ATR-72-500 had no load issues for plans created in FSC8 or from FSX. perhaps they figured out how to deal with various inputs. Also the FMC did nort require a flightplan reload and "direct to' shortcut everytime you came off the RTE page.............very annoying. I will fly without the RTE function in the FMC  and continue to use the FSC8 created plans instead. Perhaps support can figure out the FMC input issue................
Regards,
Fred B  

Fred B
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 9:59pm
<double post>
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 10:00pm
By FSC8 do you mean it is FS Commander?  I'm using FS Commander 9 without problems.  Just export it to FSX .pln format if your not doing so already.
WWA2852 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWA2852 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 9:05pm
I have a similar problem.  When I try to load an FSX flight plan it crashes FS.  No error message, FSX just dies.  It goes to an immediate restart of the game, but I can't load it.  I converted one of the FSX flight plans to the Just Flight format but it was somewhat tedious to do so.

Any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic