This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't find airline in Flight Plans screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't find airline in Flight Plans screen
    Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 11:13pm
I need to check out the routes for TGW and JST.  I have seen these airlines in the Airlines Screen and in action in the game.  But I cannot see them in the Flight Plans screen. Any ideas?
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 4:37am
Flight plans for Jetstar and Tiger Airways aircraft are part of a multitude of various aircraft and airline flight plans that are contained in "Unspecified Carrier, TX_OTHER_All." However, you can use the Traffic Control Centre's "Flight Plans" screen to create new, individual, flight plan files for Jetstar and Tiger Airways, one at a time. After the new files have been created, Jetstar and Tiger Airways will appear in the "Airline/Carrier" list on the "Flight Plans" screen.

Here's an example of how to add Jetstar:

1. On the "Flight Plans" screen, right click in the drop-down list box that is directly below the words "Airline/Carrier," and click on "Add new." After "Add new" has been clicked, the list in the Airline/Carrier drop-down list box will temporarily contain a list of all airlines that you would see listed if you were on the "Airline/Carrier Codes" screen.

2. Click to open the drop-down list box, scroll down the list to Jetstar, and click on Jetstar. You have created a JST.tcc file for Jetstar flight plans.

3. Right click, again, in the drop-down list box, directly below the words "Airline/Carrier." Move your mouse pointer to "Sort," and click on "Name."

4. Again, click to open the drop-down list box. This time the list no longer contains all airlines and carriers that you would see if you on the "Airline/Carrier Codes" screen. However, the list now contains an entry for "Jetstar Airways, JST, Australia." Scroll down the list, and click on "Jetstar Airways, JST, Australia." You will be presented with a blank Jetstar-specific flight plan screen to which you can begin adding flight plans for Jetstar.

Incidentally, if you don't know what cities a particular airline flies to, try this link to Airline Route Maps.

Dan

jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 5:55am
Great tips.   Didn't know they're mixed up with others. 
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:56pm
As an Aussie, Jetstar and Tiger planes fly in my Australian skies.  As Soaranden correctly points out, yes, from the Traffic X default installation, they're mixed up with a number of other unlisted airlines in "Unspecified Carrier".

I don't want to steal Soaranden's thunder here ... but note that the Airline Route Maps page is not always up to date.  TIGER AIRWAYS in Australia, for example, no longer flies to all of the destinations that web page shows.  Tiger has greatly reduced the number of destinations that it flies to within Australia.  I personally find it easier to go directly to the airline's actual web page (here's Tiger's page for example [Tiger Airways]) and look at the route maps there ... or, I actually begin to make a (fictional) booking using their bookings web page which will usually provide you with "live" dropdown lists of destinations that dynamically change to show you the connecting routes as you choose your departure and/or destination airports.

Personally, I didn't bother adding/creating a JETSTAR AIRLINES or TIGER AIRWAYS in my carriers list, I simply left the Jetstar and Tiger planes in "Unspecified Carrier" and added new and edited existing planes there.  I just find it easier this way to keep track, add, edit, and do backups if they are all in one place.

jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 12:11am
That's what I did with Airasia.  The website even has scheduled times that I can use.  But Air Asia is a very prolific South East Asian Airline and it took me a lot of time to map out all the destinations.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 12:15am
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

...the Airline Route Maps page is not always up to date...I personally find it easier to go directly to the airline's actual web page (here's Tiger's page for example [Tiger Airways]) and look at the route maps there...

Yes, the Airline Route Maps site contains some out-of-date information, but I think it's worthwhile to maintain a link to the site. Sometimes it can be painfully slow or completely impossible to find a route map on an airline's own web site.

...Personally, I didn't bother adding/creating a JETSTAR AIRLINES or TIGER AIRWAYS in my carriers list, I simply left the Jetstar and Tiger planes in "Unspecified Carrier" and added new and edited existing planes there.  I just find it easier this way to keep track, add, edit, and do backups if they are all in one place.

Originally posted by jomni jomni wrote:

...Didn't know they're mixed up with others.

It's possible to have all flight plans for an airline in one place and have none of the flight plans reside in the TX_OTHER.tcc file. Begin by creating a tcc file for the airline (using the steps shown earlier) if there is no pre-existing tcc file for the airline. Then, simply go to the Flight Plans folder that contains the TX_OTHER.tcc file. Open the file in a text editor. Sort the file. Highlight and cut the lines that contain the flight plans for the specific airline's aircraft. Open the tcc file for the airline. Paste the lines into the tcc file for the airline. Save both modified files. Use the Traffic Control Centre to recompile.

...I don't want to steal Soaranden's thunder here...

I don't think anyone in this forum would ever accuse you of stealing thunder. We all know you are expertly adept at making great thunder of your own, and we all appreciate the thunder that you make! Smile
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

It's possible to have all flight plans for an airline in one place and have none of the flight plans reside in the TX_OTHER.tcc file. Begin by creating a tcc file for the airline (using the steps shown earlier) if there is no pre-existing tcc file for the airline. Then, simply go to the Flight Plans folder that contains the TX_OTHER.tcc file. Open the file in a text editor. Sort the file. Highlight and cut the lines that contain the flight plans for the specific airline's aircraft. Open the tcc file for the airline. Paste the lines into the tcc file for the airline. Save both modified files. Use the Traffic Control Centre to recompile.

Yep, a good tip.  If I was going to do it, then that is EXACTLY how I too would go about it.  These days I think I use Notepad for working with Traffic X and its files just about as much as I also use Traffic Control Centre.  For me though, I like having just the one file, "TX_OTHER.tcc", to backup, instead of many separate ones for Jetstar, Tiger, Air Australia, Strategic, Skippers, Airnorth, Alliance, Regional Express, Royal Flying Doctor Service, etc.

...I don't want to steal Soaranden's thunder here...

Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

I don't think anyone in this forum would ever accuse you of stealing thunder. We all know you are expertly adept at making great thunder of your own, and we all appreciate the thunder that you make!

I know a few things here and there, and I've learnt a lot along the way ... and, yes, I am happy to pass on stuff with a view to helping others ... but I don't know everything.  Still, I'll take a little praise when it is offered.  Smile
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 8:10am

...I'll take a little praise when it is offered.  Smile

And if you ever so much as think about stealing my thunder again, I'll call in a preemptive air strike. oh how I laughed

Dan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 10:13pm
Yipes!  I've seen your F16s.  So I believe you.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic