This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Viscount - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vickers Viscount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddyectoplasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vickers Viscount
    Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 10:50am
I've looked at the screen-shots for the about-to-be-released Vickers Viscount and have a few queries...  1) As an air-traveller during the 1970s I flew frequently from Manchester to Jersey on BEA Viscounts (a major user as far as I can remember) - yet there doesn't appear to be a BEA livery in the package?! Will one be appearing... at no extra cost?  2) One or two of the liveries which are included seem rather too modern to fit into the Viscount era? 3) The radio tuning panel utilises LED numerals - as far as I can remember LED was the very height of technology during the late 1970s but I wonder if its use on the Viscount model is authentic or not?

Apologies if I'm simply demonstrating my own ignorance!!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 10:59am
Hi,
A BAE livery is included in the package. The liveries are all authentic and drawn based on photographs.
I'm not sure about the radios. I'll try to find out from the developers.
Eddyectoplasm View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddyectoplasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 4:25pm
Hi - you've said that a 'BAE' livery is included... Is that a typo. and you mean BEA (British European Airways) and not British Aerospace?
d9 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 5:38pm
The list of liveries shows the BEA 'Red Square' one.

R
Rob.
Jason210 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 4:18pm
I've just bought this AC and I have to say it's the best I've seen yet from Just Flight regarding historic aircraft. Very nice indeed.

Regarding the LEDS, of course original viscounts would not have had these.

Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:24pm
I also like this plane, well done! It is alot of fun to fly. Air Canada used to fly these planes, and it was nice to see the livery included. Thanks Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic