This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

757 Jetliner - Freemium

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 4:13pm
@slowbird

No problem, I have done it before! :)

Thanks
Ben435
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 5:58pm
I too had very slow download at 14kbs/sec. Took two hours.
So far not been able to load flt pln into fmc, but will try again.Awaiting the service pack.
johnep
placemat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote placemat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:50am
I think this is a superb idea. I get sick and tired of paying for stuff that other people are getting for free. Why torrent sites cannot be shut down I have no idea.

This aircraft is fantastic. VERY well produced. I have bought a livery pack, and might get some more soon. It's an affordable way to enjoy the hobby, whilst still supporting the developers.

I look forward to more Freemium aircraft! Any chance of a 737?! Wink
placemat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote placemat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:54am
Hi!
I had ridiculously slow download speeds too on TalkTalk at about 9pm. I ended up downloading it at work first thing in the morning which took a few minutes. This was with TalkTalk too, but I suppose it is due to the router you use and the network area.Smile
George View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 6:58pm
And time, most people wanted it straight away, by morning there'll've been less people downloading...
I always have bad speeds, took me 20 minutes which was adequate.
It's certainly nice having a present early
Lost in Isaan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost in Isaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 7:58am

Just installed the entire package giving me all 31 liveries and spent the rest of yesterday testing them, everything went smoothly only found three minor bugs thus far.

The Co pilots Oxy system markings are mirror reversed.

Can’t get the TCAS on, can’t find the icon on the HSI Mode Knob.

Don’t know if this is a bug or FSX thing!. By just using the Center Tank Fuel Pumps the Wing tanks also drain. By pumping from one Wing Tank only via the X Feed both the Center and other Wing Tank also drain be it a bit slower.

Anyway I’ve blown my warranty by rationalising the installation and doing some aliasing, texture sharing etc. bought the total installation size down from 3282 Mb to 1772 Mb.

Thank you, interesting marketing ploy. The package is cheap at US$29.99.

BTW the 388Mb download took just on 4 hours using GPRS out here in the middle of the Thailand rice paddies.

jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Lost in Isaan Lost in Isaan wrote:

Can’t get the TCAS on, can’t find the icon on the HSI Mode Knob.
The button works in 2D but not in VC.
[/QUOTE]
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:47am
Hi all,

Can you make sure to report any bugs you find to the support team? http://www.justflight.com/supportrequest.asp?supportProductID=290

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Lost in Isaan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost in Isaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 1:05am
OK, I have done that with what I perceive to be two more bugs. How do we know if they have already been reported and a solution is available? I do not see a FAQ dedicated to this package.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 10:02am
The 757 Jetliner support page can be found here: http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=290

Please report any bugs that you find, unless you can see that a service pack has already been posted up on the support page which includes a fix for the bug.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
SEATAC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEATAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:23pm
Anyone having  trouble installing the livery packs?
The 757 installation went fine.  But now I downloaded a livery pack and it keeps telling that I have no internet connection.  But I do.  It says maybe my firewall is blocking it and to allow access to it for the installation program.  But I don't know how to allow access for a specific program.  Apparently this does not use the same installer as the 757.  I've never had a problem with any other downloads from Just Flight.

Pauldh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 9:22pm
So glad 757 Freemium was free because frankly, it's not worth 50cents. It does have a nice over head panel, but that is it. Comes with a worthless FMC, lousy main panel, Worthless glass panel guages, Lousy wing view, Strobe lights cycle way too fast, front wheel goes back and forth and the main panel takes up two thirds of the screen and is nearly imposibale to see out of. I did for some dumb reason but two of the textures after I down loaded the plane. They were nice and worth the 3 dollars. I can now say the Freemium 757 and textures are happily sitting in my recycle bin.                          Paul
Paul
placemat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote placemat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:51pm
I think this is WAY unfair. The aircraft is very good indeed, so good in fact that I have gone and printed out the entire manual to fly it. I also bought 2 liveries, and I think that the VC is superb. The problem these days is that everything gets compared with the latest addon. This being the 737NGX. This addon is just no mere addon. It's revolutionary. But the free 757 is absolutely superb, especially for folk like me who just wants a more gentle approach to working one of these birds. I say keep up the good work chaps, and let's see more freemium aircraft! I will certainly buy the liveries etc.
eddiex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 10:50am
Hmmm. FMC is really uselles. It is nothing more, then other gps interface. Front wheel is silly on the ground. Otherwise this 757 is fain. But most important - support is total ZERO !!! That is reason why I dont use aircraft. I will wait few more days. If support will finally start I will buy some liveries, if not, Iwill delete it from my PC. And propably I will forget about Just Fly...  Funy - too many replayes from staff here on the forum said - go too support page - and support page is nearly empty except uselles, boring tutorial fligt... Confused
placemat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote placemat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 11:27am
I suppose the support thing is a problem, but they cannot support something that is free. If you are having problems with the lioveries that you have purchased, and want support with those, that's a different thing. Bad support is bad publicity. Fortunately, I have only required support once during payment for the liveries, and a response was with me within 24 hours.
The way I look at it, is that the aircraft is a better representation than the built jetliners in FSX, so i'm happy.Smile
George View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 1:59pm
Just remember guys and gals - this is F-Lite, its designed to be a go and fly, not a realistic simulator. If you want that, go buy X-Plane and suffer.
It's good for what it does, I enjoy flying it, but this is novel, give JF time to sort everything out.
Bad support IS bad publicity, I agree, but 99% of the time JF are good. But they are a small company not a global empire and they can only do so much.
I suppose my biggest gripe is the size and number of panels - they don't fit on one screen, and even the main one is large. Then again I tend to fly with the miniature dials along the bottom (press w twice I think).
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 2:23pm
There is full support for this, even the free version.
If you drop the support team a message via the support pages then they will be in touch.
Viktor_z View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktor_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 7:54pm
Hey everyone ! seems like a nice plane to try out, but I downloaded on a laptop, but my fsx is on desktop which has no internet connected to it.
When I try to install, it shows blank internet explorer window, obviously why... no internet.

So, just a quick question, is there a way to activate it for me if I don't have internet ? I read in the FAQ..

"
• How do I unlock a product on a computer without an internet connection?
It is possible to unlock products on a computer with no internet access. Simply download the product file from our website and move it to the non-internet PC. Now run the file and select ‘Manual processing via telephone’ from the menu"

but I don't think it has this ability in this particular case...please correct if I'm wroong, thanx..

Anyways, please help if you can...

greatly appreciated, Vik

P.S.-i think 757 looks great in song, too bad delta doesn't have that anymore..great paint nonetheless.
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 2:01pm
Hi Vik,

That FAQ applies to products purchased before 21st December 2009. All of our current downloads, including the 757 Jetliner freemium, require you to activate via the internet on the computer that you wish to unlock/activate the product on.
Viktor_z View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktor_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 5:39pm
I see

well, that's ok, I guess I have to stick with other developers for now.
Sometimes I feel like I'm behind the rest of the world

thnx for the quick reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic