This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic x and pmdg ngx problem!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benzboy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic x and pmdg ngx problem!!
    Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 9:02pm
Hi I'm having a bit of a problem with my software. My problem is at night time starting up my ngx from cold and dark and the traffic around me. Before i start my apu to power my airplane I have the emergency lights on so I can see in my cockpit. I look around my traffic and all the traffic has there beacons and nav lights on also the light for the logo on the tail. After when I start the apu and have the plane power itself then I arm the emergency lights as procedure tells me to. Now my problem is I look around and my traffic is missing the light that lights up the logo on the tail and the window lights where passengers sits and that is also not lit. Has anybody had this problem or is there someone who can help me please
mario
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:15pm
The problem is due to a limitation in FSX. There are a limited number of light circuits available in FSX. To get around the limitation, some light circuits are shared. For an example, put a FSX default 737 at an airport at dawn, dusk, or night. View the 737 from the side in spot view. With the lights on, press Shift+L. You will see that doing so has caused the cockpit lights, the cabin lights, and the exterior tail logo lights to turn off. Shared circuits enable us to see more lights, but the price we pay for being able to see more lights via shared circuits is that when the circuit is opened (turned off), all lights that share the circuit turn off. Additionally, circuit sharing is not limited to user aircraft. A particular circuit can affect user aircraft lights, AI aircraft lights, airport tower lights, airport flood lights, etc.

Dan

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 12:22am
Yes, the lights on all AI traffic will NOT be illuminated unless your own lights in your own plane are switched on.  The issue not specifically related purely to the PMDG NGX, but ANY plane that you choose to fly, including the FSX default planes.  Switch your plane's lights on, the AI traffic lights come on.  Switch your plane's lights off, the AI traffic lights go off.  To be a little more specific, if you switch your plane's COCKPIT LIGHTS on (or off), then the lights for AI traffic will come on (or go off).

I find this quite annoying, and extrememly unrealistic ... but there's nothing one can do about it  other than to accept that's just how it is.  (Unless there's some tweak or something out there somewhere that I haven't yet heard about.)

I do not know if this is specific to Traffic X, or whether the same also occurs for other AI packages such as "Ultimate Traffic", "My Traffic X" or even the free "WOAI" package(s).
vonBobo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonBobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 12:00am
Hi!

Is there a way to fix the landing lights on the AI planes so they are only on if they are moving? It really ruins the appearance of the airports I am fling over, and I don't believe it is tied to my planes circuit.

My impression of the default AI is that they would shut off their landing lights.

Thanks!
Jeff
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by vonBobo vonBobo wrote:

Is there a way to fix the landing lights on the AI planes so they are only on if they are moving? It really ruins the appearance of the airports I am fling over, and I don't believe it is tied to my planes circuit.

My impression of the default AI is that they would shut off their landing lights.

Yeah, that one annoys me too.  I would actually guess it might have something to do with the way FSX is coded, and therefore it is not caused by Traffic X.  Before purchasing Traffic X, I'm fairly sure I used to see the default airline planes (Orbit and Pacifica etc) doing this as well.

But, if anyone knows differently or does have a solution, then please share.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic