This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX Mission Fun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX Mission Fun
    Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 6:38pm
Here is a film I have just made of the Pilatus PC 12 approaching and landing at Innsbruck.

The thing here, you will notice, is its the "Innsbruck" mission from FSX!oh how I laughed  How to add any aircraft of your choice to fly in any of the missions is easy:-

1. Go to the missions folder in FSX.
2. Select the mission you want to edit
3. Go to the .flt file and open this with a notepad editor. I would always use Notepad++.
4. Scroll down to line 298. Locate the aircraft used. ( 298 in the Innsbruck file)
5. Copy and paste the aircraft you want to use in the mission, from your Aircraft.cfg. Use the title of the aircraft to replace whats there. ( eg title = F1_Pilatus_PC-12 exec  to replace the Baron in the Innsbruck mission)
6. Save it and there you are.

This way you can fly the FSX missions that we all have flown, with your choice of aircraft.
Same applies with the lessons and checkrides. Just edit the .flt file.

It will allow you to practice some of the flights using different aircraftWink

Regards
Herky.

PS. I am trying to make videos that are "different"? ie not like 3 minute "toothpaste" ads or hour long " How to program the FMC and become a real airline pilot" that is the current fadTongue
Hence the FSX "Missions" idea.

Its not that easy and when the Recorder starts to display instrument readings that are not there in the original flight, its disconcerting. Aw well, its fun anywayBig%20smile

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:34pm
Fantastic vid

Col.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:53pm
Good vid.
BigTex View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 7:05am
Great video.  Almost made me want to park the NGX and fire up my Pilatus...almost. oh how I laughed

Rick
ShrewsburyFC View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 4:16pm
Excelent video! Cool I love how youve encorporated yourself into the video, it makes it very unique! Thumbs%20Up
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:49pm
BigTex, now you can fly the Innsbruck mission in the NGX, not to mention all the ATP Checkrides, with the female examiner telling you you failed because you did not do what she told you to dooh how I laughedBig%20smile If you record it, watch for the FS Recorder messin' up your panelsWink

ShrewsburyFC, well...I subscribed to a couple of You Tube film makers, one is a German 1st officer on a RW 737, doing 737 tutorials, with lots of commentary. The other is from the US who has a MD 11 series with all mod cons on the film....FS2Crew, Radar Contact, Scenery...........Different accents, different ways of filming, so I thought I would 'ave a goWacko

If one can keep FSX up and stable with all these add ons?Wink

Cheers Chaps

Happy simming

Regards
Herky.

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic