This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isle Of Wight News-Now released!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isle Of Wight News-Now released!
    Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 8:59pm
As the new Isle of Wight Addon fast approaches completion, their are new pictures available.  I must say the waterfront one is extremely good.  I`m not after the package myself but this picture alone makes it very very attractive.

http://www.railsimulator.com/

I`ll repost here once the package is released and alter the title slightly to show its released too.  Just in case anyone is waiting for it, I check at  least 4 times a day usually.

Reider
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 9:50am
Even more snapshots have been released.  The content is rather stunning to say the least. Releasing more pics so soon after the last lot leads me to think this is awful close to release.

Reider  
makatini View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makatini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 11:33am

That does look good!

I will definately be adding it to my collection...

Thanks for pointing it out to us.

Cheers,

Mak
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 10:38pm
Now its screenshots and renders, its cominggggggggggg! Wink

Reider
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 6:01pm
The Isle of Wight add on is now released at;

http://www.railsimulator.com/

I`ve got to say at this point I fully expected the product to be in the £9.99 bracket not £19.99 as its such a short length of track.  Its been added to with several scenarios but even so.....

At least if the JF version is the same price it will allow people to get weekend offers and Just Rewards discounts.  Sadly, at this track length and price it will not be on my list for purchase at all.  Just IMHO.

Reider
makatini View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makatini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 6:13pm
ONLY 8.5 miles!   I don't care how many "tricks" they have added - that is just a rip-off.  And all that excitement for nuttin'...

Shame on you RS.

Mak
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 10:29pm
I think you're being a bit unfair there. It's got tons of new scenery made specifically for the route - it's hugely detailed, and very impressive looking - I've been trundling up and down it for a few weeks and it IS well worth the money, and has had a TON of work put in to it.

Just for reference; We'll soon be publishing the Isle of Wight and 66 add-ons as we did with the Official Expansion Pack. More news to follow soon!
makatini View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makatini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 12:10pm
Hi,

I come from a country where we travel loooong distances so the 8.5 mile stretch is alien to me.  It's like going to the shops to meet me mates - ..

I think I will wait for your packages before I invest in it.  Just clarify one thing for me:  "66 add-ons"?   Is that 66 actual add-ons or Class 66 add-ons?  And how soon is "soon"?

Mak
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 1:37pm
Apologies, yes "Class 66", not sixty six individual add-ons coming (not yet, anyway!)

As for how soon, we've not got a release date yet so I can't really say - within a couple of months I'd expect, if not much sooner.
makatini View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makatini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 2:01pm
Thank you.  I will keep a look out for it - but then I am on the mailing list for news so I will see it as it happens.

Shame about the 66 ad-ons! Cry     .

Mak
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 11:59pm
The Class 66 Add On is brilliant.  Several scenarios are included.  Their are some proper textures with full logos released too by a user. 

Reider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic