This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

virtual cockpit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazingliam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: virtual cockpit
    Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 10:19pm
I have been playing fsx for a long time now so i got trafficx to enhance it which works really well. The only thing is that there are no virtual cockpits for me to use so it is very hard to land from my point of view. If there is any help out there i would be gratefull. Thanks
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 3:07am
Traffic X planes are not full version models, with fully working features and instruments ... they are AI planes.  When you set them as "flyable aircraft", they have "dumbed down" flight characteristics.  They are really nothing more than a shell exterior, and some basic moving parts (ailerons, flaps, landing gear).   Because of this, it is not possible for them to work with virtual cockpits.

If you fly the aircraft which Traffic X includes, then you need to accept the limitations as mentioned above.  But if you really want to fly these aircraft, with all the features, instruments, and virtual cockpit, then you'll need to search the Internet for downloadable, fully featured, flyable versions of the planes you want.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 10:23am
Although I have not tried this, myself, the following example showing how to add a virtual cockpit to a Project Airbus A318 appears to be something that could work for Traffic X aircraft, too. The example is based on instructions provided by Cooper Honeyman. I have modified the instructions to increase clarity.

In this example, the default A321 VC will be put into a Project Airbus A318.

1. Go to the Airbus_A321 "Model" folder. Copy the Airbus_A321_interior.mdl file, and paste it into the A318 "Model" folder.

2. Open the A318 model.cfg file, and under the line showing normal=... add the line interior=Airbus_A321_interior. Save the modified file.

3. Go to the A321 "Texture" folder. Copy every dds texture in it (except for the thumbnail).

4. Paste the dds textures into the texture... (livery) folder of your choice in the A318.

5. Open the A318's aircraft.cfg file. Scroll down to [Views], and change the first two numbers after eyepoint=... from 37 to 48. Otherwise, you would be looking from behind the seat rather than from the seat. Save the modified file.

For other aircraft, follow the same steps. It is likely that different aircraft will require a different eyepoint adjustment. You will have to experiment.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic