This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with AH's Stock Market

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerdoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with AH's Stock Market
    Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 10:28am

Well, I know these days it's probably better to stay away from stock trading, but I've got a problem that's been bugging me for quite a while now.

As soon as I click on the stock market icon, I get this error

I know, it's kinda useless because it's german, but I copied the longish code you can read in the lower part of the error message... you can view it here.

When I watch the other tabs of the stock market feature, I get either a blank page (for stock market transactions) or this error:

Also, I can't seem to get any realtime fuel costs :S

The error looks like a Microsoft Net problem I guess, but when I download the installer it says that the newest version is already installed. Hope you can help me.

To wrap things up: I'm using Win7 x64, Air Hauler is installed in the default directory (but I doubt that's causing the problems anyway, when i re-installed it i used different directories / HDDs without success).

Hope you can help me enjoy this otherwise great program even more :S

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 6:59pm
Are you using the German version of AH? Where did you purchase it from?
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Gerdoner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerdoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 10:54pm
Yeh, I use the boxed german version (bought it on amazon.de)
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 10:58pm
Have you applied the latest German Service pack?
AirHauler Developer
Gerdoner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerdoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 11:18am

Don't know if it's the latest SP, but I installed this one (the german one):

http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=201#Update375

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 11:49am
If you change your number format so the EUR symbol is at the start of the number i.e. E-1.159,00 does that help? The German number notation has caused issue in the past with the decimal/thousands separator different from the US/Eng ones.
AirHauler Developer
Gerdoner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerdoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 3:51pm

That's it! It works great now (well, the stock market that is, the fuel price is still the same, but I'll see when / if it updates).

Anyway, thank you very much. I just saw how much money I lost in the last few days :P 

Is there any chance to fix this problem in the upcoming german SP or is changing the format in Windows the only solution for that problem? 

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 5:08pm
Changing the format in Windows is the only option at the moment - it's very difficult for AH to account for the European regional settings with the currency character after the value due to the way AH gets market data.
AirHauler Developer
SlimNasty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlimNasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 8:50am
Hi Slopey,

It is nice to be back may I say, oh and had a look at my shares and some of them haven't done to well. Although my shares in Cardinal Health should make me break even.

Guess I will have to wait another two years for us to come out of this recession before I make a profit on them all :-)
SlimNasty
moneytresure View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moneytresure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 4:32pm
HELLO HAPPY NEW YEAR I WANT TO HELP YOU MAKE INSTANT MONEY ONLINE TODAY JUST PUT THIS CODE> MONEYONLINEINVESTMENT.COM/R/301373   GET PAID DAILY
moneytresure instantcash dailypay
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic