This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scheduling Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_luck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scheduling Question
    Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:51am
Hi everyone I just purchased Traffic X and have absolutely no problems with it. I do however have a question. That is, are there flights scheduled according to time of day in-game, or does it just start a schedule every time you start a flight?

Thanks
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:42am
Originally posted by irish_luck irish_luck wrote:

Hi everyone I just purchased Traffic X and have absolutely no problems with it. I do however have a question. That is, are there flights scheduled according to time of day in-game, or does it just start a schedule every time you start a flight?

Thanks

Flights use the in-game time of day. Be aware that when starting a flight, it can take a few minutes (up to 10 or so) before the FSX AI engine kicks in and you start to see your Traffic X AI flights become active.

Dan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 2:08am
Further to what Soaranden has said ... Traffic X's schedules are built in to the program.  When you start FSX, all of the Traffic X flight plan schedules are loaded in to FSX and started.  So a plane that takes off from London Heathrow at 09:00am on Wednesday, will ALWAYS take off from London Heathrow at 09:00am on Wednesday, every time you run FSX.

Of course, the great thing about Traffic X is that YOU can modify these schedules if you wish ... adding new planes, editing existing ones, changing times, changing days, etc etc.  Of course, you don't have to do this if you don't want to ... the default schedules built in to Traffic X put a lot of traffic in the air and are fine ... but if you want to "fine tune" things, or remove a defunct airline, or add a new plane or livery to an airline, then you can.  If you do make changes to flight plans in Traffic X then always remember that you must recompile the traffic database for your changes to work and appear in FSX.  See this thread here for instructions on how to do that: How do I re-compile the traffic database?
irish_luck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_luck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 3:51am
thanks a lot guys the programs running great and thanks for answering my noobish question!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic