This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic Website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic Website
    Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 4:43pm
Hello,
I'm using the boxed version and read the instruction about more Traffic- 2005 add ons.
Therefore I want to look on the recommended site:     www.traffic-2005.net.
But always an error messages occurred: site was not found.

Does anybody knows more about.

Thanks in advance
Ruedi

Regards
Wing
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 6:37pm

That seems to be a rather dated reference in the T2005 manual in a section that deals with the use of AFCAD for customizing airports.  AFCAD and some other fantastic tools (e.g. TTools) were the work of an FS luminary, Lee Swordy.  After brightening our little world with some absolutely amazing things, he has taken himself completely out of the FS world.  I suspect the site referenced was his and he's probably taken it down.  That's speculative on my part, but it fits what I do know.

AFCAD itself, while not to denigrate it for the great work that it was, has largely been supplanted by two other products that do more, do it better and also do it for FSX as well as FS9.  The freeware one is ADE9X from Scruffy Duck software.  There's also a payware one from another publishing house that I won't mention here in the JF forums, which seems to be a direct upgrade of AFCAD, with nearly identical screens and interface, but with added capabilities, including the ability to use with FSX.

If you're looking for downloadable AFCAD files (i.e. replacement airports for FS) go to AVSIM, Flightsim.com or any one of a dozen other popular FS sites with download libraries.  Most will have a subsection for "Airports", "AFCADS", "Airport Scenery" or whatever and you'll find more than you could possibly ever use.

John Allard
Wing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 9:29am
Hi John,
Thanks for this informations.
I'm using FSNavigator and a lot of AFCAD.
But what I was looking for are some newer actual aircraft types (eg. A380) as AI planes.
Would be nice to see such one at a ramp Smile

If I look for updates for JustFlight Traffic2005 (FS9), nothing found.

Thanks for help
Greetings from Switzerland  (LSZH)

Regards
Wing
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:36am
Hi,

Go to www.justflight.com and use the links on the bottom-left hand side of the page. They should take you there
Wing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 3:50pm
Hi RAS,
I was just on this site and had a look for FREE Updates for Traffic 2005.
Nothing found...
Or am I stupid, could be but shouldn't be Cry

Regards
Wing
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 5:51pm

If it's airplanes (and/or repaints) you want, there is nothing special required for them to be used as traffic in T2005.

Go to the download sites and have a ball with freeware aircraft.  You can use any AC properly installed in flight sim as traffic in T2005 - freeware, payware, AI or flyable, helicopter or fixed-wing.  Just add the appropriate lines to one of the flight plan files, or create a new flight plan file and you can put any AC at any airport at any time. 

You have to use the T2005 compiler to add the new AC to the list and to do a recompile of the traffic after adding or editing flight plan files to get it all to show up but it's not difficult.

John Allard
Wing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 5:28pm
Hi John,
Thanks for this explanation.
I will try  next week and hope I will find the 'way'.

Happy weekend

Regards
Wing
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 7:06pm
Post back here for help if you have any difficulties with the process.

Start small - once you catch on to the process it's very easy.
John Allard
Wing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 10:42am
Hi John,
I have now created a new FP with AFR A380. It seems to be ok.
Only the 'repeat periode' I couldn't change from  weekly    to  daily.
But I think positiv to find it  out.

Thanks for your help

Regards
Wing
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 2:12am
Wing,

I think you only get a weekly schedule if your flight "bridges' 2400Z.  If you can adjust something (e.g. start time) so that the flight ends prior to 2400Z and recompile, you might get a daily schedule.
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic