This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

trafficcontrolcentre has stopped working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trafficcontrolcentre has stopped working
    Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 7:41am
I'm on win7 x64 SP1. I'm using FSX acceleration installed in my user folder C:\Users\<username>\Flight Simulator X (this was to avoid having to run as admin, or change permissions for that folder when I initially installed.

I've installed Traffic X SP1, and when I try to open Traffic Control Center I get this error:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:     CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:     trafficcontrolcentre.exe
Problem Signature 02:     1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03:     48edf3de
Problem Signature 04:     System
Problem Signature 05:     2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06:     4d3e890a
Problem Signature 07:     3725
Problem Signature 08:     1bc
Problem Signature 09:     System.ArgumentException
OS Version:     6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:     1033

I've installed as admin, and I run as admin, but still nothing. I've seen a couple other posts on this forum where someone said they had a "stopped working" error, but that particular error wasn't directly fixed. Google searches aren't helping much either.

I've also tried the fix in the FAQ page, but from what I've seen on the forums, that's for a different start up error.

Ideas?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Renegade Renegade wrote:

I've also tried the fix in the FAQ page, but from what I've seen on the forums, that's for a different start up error.

I assume you are talking about this fix from the FAQ page here ... "I get an error when loading the Traffic Control Centre / parts of the Traffic Control Centre do not function" ?  That would be where I would have directed you to try.

I am running Traffic X on Win7 64-bit  SP1, confirming that it does work in that environment.  Considering your error doesn't look like anything I've read about in this forum or seen mentioned elsewhere, perhaps you might be best to go directly to Just Flight 's support team ...

... You can send Just Flight's support team a message by going here: Support Request. Make sure you choose the correct product (Traffic X) at the top of that Support Request page before you send your message.
Renegade View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 12:40am
Well, I appreciate the confirmation that it's working on this OS. I already filed a support ticket yesterday when I posted this. I've never worked with Just Flight's tech support, and tech support in general has a bad track record, so I thought asking the community was worth a shot. :)

Thanks.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 2:55am
Yes, tech support in general does have a bad track record.  Some are good at it, others could be better.

Further to my initial post, I forgot to confirm that I too am running Acceleration.  If that helps to provide even further confirmation that things can work in that environment and also with the same applications you've quoted.

I couldn't help but wonder whether your problem actually stems from your installation being in the USERS folder.  I understand the desire to avoid having to run as admin or change permissions, and therefore the need to keep the program(s) out of the "C:\Program Files\..." or "C:\Program Files (x86)\..." folders.  But I would have thought a different folder choice instead of the USERS folder would have been appropriate.  Something like "C:\Games\..." or "C:\FSX\..." for example.  The "C:\Users\..." folder is a SYSTEM folder and is reserved by Windows for its own uses.  Perhaps that is your issue here?  Maybe it doesn't like being in a Windows System folder.  Depending on your time frames etc, you may wish to consider reinstalling to a different folder that is not the USERS folder to see if maybe that helps resolve your issue?

Renegade View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 8:23am
I've thought about my C:\users install maybe being the problem before. But I do have full write/read permissions in the user folder, so I assumed that wouldn't be an issue. Either way, I did a new install straight onto C:\ (in this case "C:\Flight Simulator X". Even used the FSX registry tool to make sure the registry keys were updated) and the problem persists.

From the looks of it (and from what I've seen on google, which by the way isn't much, unfortunately) the error is coming up as the application is initializing. Also seems to be related to .net (which I've already confirmed is functioning as it should on my system), but most google hits are from the dev side, and don't have user-end fixes.

I guess we'll see what tech support has to say. If it's anything helpful, I'll stick it in this thread for posterity.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic