This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HS.748 landing nose view

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HS.748 landing nose view
    Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 8:18pm
Hay guys, Ive had this on youtube for a few months now so i thought i would share it with the the forum. Its me landing Rick Pipers HS.748 at  Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport in Quebec, Canada. Enjoy Smile

dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 6:10pm
Good video, I too have that aircraft in my hangar. Its one of rick pipers best ones in my opinion, Have you got the HS Andover as well?, its well worth finding.
Just a few comments though, the approach seemed very low, even though the area seemed featureless you came in very flat, once down and at the approach speed you were running you seemed to have a very long landing run, The HS748 has a very powerful reverse thrust system and is a very capable STOL aircraft. as you were very slow to start with the landing run should have been virtually zero surely. That said a fine effort and interesting video.
PS looking at the place you landed at and its featureless area, one has to ask why anyone would want to go there in the first place !!oh how I laughed
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
james42 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 6:39pm
Thanks for the feedback. Thumbs%20Up The flight was a trip to Kuujjuaq and Salluit via Kangirsuk, Quaqtaq and Kangiqsujuaq. I will certantly have a look at the andover aswell. Also, thanks for viewingSmile 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic