This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AI traffic not showing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AI traffic not showing
    Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 10:14am
Hi,
New to Trafficx. Added new flight plans but the traffic is not showing in FSX.
I have modified the airport using AFX and wondered if there was a conflict or, have I not saved correctly. I have followed the excellent tutorial.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 9:58am
Is there any Traffic X AI traffic at all?  If there *IS* Traffic X AI traffic flying around, then that confirms Traffic X is working OK.  So you would therefore be asking about your newly added flight plans not showing.  If that is the case, that it's just your newly added flight plans which are not showing, then be aware that after you modify or add flight plans you must recompile the Traffic X traffic database for your changes to appear in FSX.  Sadly, the tutorials do NOT mention this important last step.  It is a glaring omission.  To recompile the traffic database, follow the instructions in this link: How do I re-compile the traffic database?

Modifying airports with AFX should not affect Traffic X and its files.  AFX would be modifying files which are completely separate and have nothing to do with the Traffic X files.  However, do note that after you make airport modifications with a program like AFX, or if you install a new airport or perhaps add new scenery in to FSX, then you should open the Traffic X Traffic Control Centre (TCC) program and go to the "AIRPORT INFORMATION" screen ... then click on the "UPDATE EXISTING" button at the top right hand side.  That will "import" the airport modifications or new scenery details in to Traffic X so that the Traffic X AI can take advantage of them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic