This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

unhandled exception error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamagn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unhandled exception error
    Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 12:40am
Hello, I fly using FSX Acceleration. I recently installed traffic X. The installation was shown as successful but when running some applications I receive the following error message:

“An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. Click continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

I tried what justflight support recommends, i.e. install NET Framework 2.0. I followed recommendation and also have NET Framework 4. The problem is not solved. Has anybody experienced the same problem? I appreciate any response offering me some insight on how to fix this problem.

jamagn

Windows 7 - 64bit

Microsoft NET Framework 4
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 1:02am
Go to the Just Flight Traffic X FAQ screen (here: http://www.justflight.com/trafficX-home.asp), go the FAQS AND SUPPORT section, click on the "I get an error when loading the Traffic Control Centre / parts of the Traffic Control Centre do not function" link and follow the instructions to download and install the associated file. See if that fixes it for you.
jamagn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamagn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 11:10am
Thanks a lot! It worked! Thumbs%20Up
I am so happy you know; I purchased TrafficX in Dec last year (2010) and since, I've been doing research to fix this problem after justflight-support recommendation (NET Framework 2.0 issue) did not work. After 6 months I was almost ready to give up. Thank you so much.

jamagn 
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 9:40am
I am glad that it worked!

It is interesting that Just Flight didn't direct you to that file.  Especially considering it is their own file, that they made, for Traffic X, and put on their own Traffic X FAQ page.  But, it doesn't matter now ... you're finally up and running!

Enjoy Traffic X!
jamagn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamagn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 12:32pm

Yes indeed I thought it was discouraging that JustFlight only directed me to their support website where FAQ are posted, advising me I could find the solution there. I concentrated on the PC-explorer “unhandled exception error” message itself rather than on the TrafficX TCC application error. I found the following JustFlight FAQ:

I get an error message when trying to load the Traffic Control Centre” [to what the solution appears to be] “Traffic X Control Centre requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.” “If you do not have the .NET Framework 2.0 on your system you will need to download it from here. Users with a 64 bit operating system (XP64, Vista) should download the 64 bit version from here”. 

It appeared to me that the requirement of .NET framework 2.0 was the solution to the “unhandled exception error” even though it doesn’t [specifically] mention it. The booklet (Pilot’s Notes) that comes with the CD was not much help in its recommendations under Setting-Up FSX for TrafficX; and microsoft.com has complicated solutions for unhandled exception errors, as there are many variations. As you say it doesn’t matter now because I’m up and running, but perhaps this topic will help others who ran into the same problem. I ran TrafficX (fixed) after your kind response and it was fun. Thanks again for taking the time.

jamagn

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic