This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jaguar Hybrid Supercar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jaguar Hybrid Supercar
    Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:48pm
Generic forum signature
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:27pm
Nice looking car, can you buy me one Chris?
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:55pm
Interesting that Williams have got involved, although it wasn't too long ago that Tata, JLR's parent appeared as a sponsor on the Williams F1 cars. Jaguar do have a history of developing their high performance road cars with motor racing manufacturers though, the late Tom Walkinshaw's Kidlington based TWR unit having major input into the 1990s XJ220 and XJR-15 programmes (as well as some ltd edition XJ-S and other "normal" road models).

Williams of course will see it as a major stepping stone with it's hybrid technology, as of course they claim to be the only F1 team to have genuinely been the sole developer of their own KERS system (all the other teams apparently have contracted out, or use a system developed for all the teams using their particular engine).
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:56pm
I dont see the point of it really, but i wouldn't mind going to Tescos in that. Well Martin. . .if you give me moderator rights i might just splash out for you.Wink
Generic forum signature
Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:15am
Get me one of those cars up front and I'll get you super-mod powers
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 8:20am
Originally posted by 737Chris 737Chris wrote:

I dont see the point of it really, but i wouldn't mind going to Tescos in that. Well Martin. . .if you give me moderator rights i might just splash out for you.Wink

I could do that Chris, but then you'd have to deal with certain forum irritants. Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic