This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to Trains, What to Get ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Trains, What to Get ?
    Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:10pm
Hi there,

Been dossing around JustFlight for a while now, so yes, flight simming is my thing.

But I've always had an amateurish childhood interest in trains and today I thought I might get one.

From what I've seen, there are several base sims available, and addons available for each. Out of the base addons, which would you recommend???

Factors that would influence me are:

-The availability of addons for that base pack
-and its overall quality.

Thanks for your help,
Chris
Generic forum signature
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 4:09pm
Urch epic fail.

I meant, out of those base sims, which would you recommend.

Sorry !

Thanks
Generic forum signature
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 9:00am
Hi Chris,

I would definitely suggest RailWorks 2: http://www.justtrains.net/product.asp?pid=570

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 9:10am
Hi,

Best one to go for is RailWorks 2 as it is the one we make most of our add-ons for and is the most advanced/detailed. You may also want to consider our Just Trains Collection which features six of our latest add-ons (not Totham and Class 153 which is released today though) and you can also get it with a copy of RailWorks 2 included, ideal for someone new to RailWorks!

Thanks,

Simon
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 1:36pm
Thanks a lot for your replies gents, it does confirm a lot of what I've read on the net. Smile

-Chris
Generic forum signature
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic