This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"RW" weather vs FSX "RW" Jeppesen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "RW" weather vs FSX "RW" Jeppesen
    Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:30pm
huge differance between the two..... any insights would be appreciated  Thank You  Rowdy (PAUN)
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:54pm
Have you read the manual and the new game wizard text?

RW weather in AirHauler ONLY allows AH to download the latest metars/tafs for a given location. Nothing more.

If the Jeppesen weather in FSX doesn't agree with the Metar/Taf in AH, there's nothing I can do about that. I get the Metar/taf from the NOAA, if it doesn't agree with Jeppesen, you'll need to take it up with one of them.

Also note, that half the time FSX can't model the weather properly off a metar anyway - hence the need for Active Sky or another add-on weather product.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Rowdy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:20am
fair enough, though I've spent 10-12 hours flying hops based mainly in Alaska... the altimiter weather from center or on my own consistantly remains steady at 29 92 ...... clear skys, calm winds aloft, and I've restarted three companys double checking that real weather/fuel pricing are selected at start up/ new co. generation. the AH product is exactly what I've been waiting for... Flight Sim Crack!!!!! you guys are doing a GREAT job, Thank You     game wizard text?????
please edumicate me, I've obviously missed alot of reading.......
Rowdy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:22am
FSX gets its weather from Jeppesen snapshots downloads.... like I said earlier  very diffrent, oh well........... 
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:24am
By new game wizard I mean the new game start pages.

Remember, AH doesn't set weather in FSX, so you'll need to do that via real weather within FSX (which is my experience is useless), or get a 3rd party weather program.

I can heavily recommend ASX for awesome weather generation, or REX2 if you want visual updates and a weather engine (the visuals are excellent but the weather gen isn't as good as ASX - I run both, REX for visuals, ASX for weather).
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Rowdy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:27am
Thanks Slopey............ like I said: AH = FSX crack!!!  keep up the great work
BigTex View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:41am
Hey Rowdy,

Ags or Horns?  Gig 'em!!!
Rowdy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:45am
GIG 'EM Aggies!!!!!! ..... my really new base is up in Alaska w/ a Caravan, were are you flyin out of?
BigTex View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 8:17am
I'm flying a new AH company out of Seoul, which is where I hang my hat these days.  Originally from Bryan/College Station, though.  I don't fly this World Air Xpress anymore.  It was too big and I've gotten way to busy.  I have the files saved and a lot of money stashed so if I ever get the time, I'll be able to get back to this company.
Yardman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 11:00am
ActiveSkyWxRE with Real Environment clouds on FS9 looks good for me.
DaleM View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 10:58pm
Don't forget that you can manually set how the weather is in the options for the flight.  You can go from sun, rain, snow, high winds, building storms, etc.

It is only a few mouse clicks away.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic