This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No AI traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No AI traffic
    Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 5:37pm
I have just installed Traffic X and it installed fine, opened FSX and adjusted all the settings like it siad in the book. Then i went onto free flight and the follow me car, push truck, spotty and the readar tower were all there. I then clicked heathrow and it loaded, when it came up there were no ai aircraft and i also waited 10-15 minute like it suggestedConfused
Please help i really want it to work Smile
Tom94 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 5:47pm

also when i go onto the traffic control centre and click on airport information, it doesnt show any list of airports and also when i try and update existing, it just comes up with the error: See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\Presets\Data\AirportCache'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
   at TrafficControlCentre.frmAirportInfo.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TrafficControlCentre
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/TrafficControlCentre.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
ccResources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/ccResources.DLL
SzUI
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3158.22159
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/SzUI.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
FileUtils
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/FileUtils.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT deKnaff registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

HELP Confused

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:16pm
Tom,

It looks like you could have TWO separate issues:

== One ===================================

Go here: http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=182

Read the information on this page.  Specificially, read these two sections: "I am not seeing any A.I. after installing Traffic X" ... and ... "I don't see any AI traffic at all after installing Traffic X".

Then, download the TrafficX_BGLcheck utility:

Run the utility and see what it says.

== Two ===================================

The error you are getting is a common issue due to the installation of Traffic X missing some files or some folders (or both).

There are details about this in the post here: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12149&PID=98460

That post has some screenshots which show the files and the folders that you should have.  Check that you have ALL of the files shown in the screenshots.  Check that you have ALL of the folders shown in the screenshots.

If your Traffic X is missing one or more of the files, or missing one or more of the folders, then you should try to do a reinstall to see if it fixes it.  (If you are installing it on Windows Vista or Windows 7, remember to try running your install using the "Run as Administrator" option by right-clicking on the install and choosing that option from the sub-menu which appears.)

If the reinstall does not fix it, then you should contact Just Flight Support.  They have seen this problem before and helped others to get it fixed.  You can send Just Flight a message by going here: Support Request

Make sure you choose the correct product (Traffic X) at the top of that Support Request page before you send your message.

=========================================

Note that point number One above (no AI aircraft) may also actually be due to point number Two.  In either case, you should contact Just Flight Support (link: Support Request).  Provide them with your (JIT) debugging AND also tell them how the BGLcheck went ... both bits of information will be helpful to them so they can resolve the issue for you.

Finally, after Just Flight Support help to get it all sorted for you, make sure you download and install the Traffic X Service Pack 1.  (Note that the Service Pack will NOT fix the issues that you have posted about here in this thread - you need to get those fixed first.)  You can get the Service Pack here: http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=182.  You may already have the Service Pack installed (as part of your original install), but I am not sure there is any way to actually tell.  It doesn't hurt anything if you download and install it over the top of your current installation.  That way you can really be sure that you do have it.
Tom94 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 5:53pm
Hi, thanks for the feedback :)
I used the scanner and it didnt show any bgl. files anywhere tht shouldnt be there. Then i checked the other process tht i should try and everytime i re-install it, the airport folder never seems to appear so whenever i go onto the traffic control centre and click on airport information, theres nothing there. In my folder theres just folders labelled Aircraft, airlines and schedules.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 10:54pm
You have no BGLs which shouldn't be there ... good.  So the issues sound like they are related to you're not having an "Airports" folder.

Therefore, if you haven't already done so, you will need to contact Just Flight Support.  They will provide you with a fixed installer program (probably via download) which will correctly install ALL of the required folders, including in your case the missing "Airports" folder, thus fixing the problem(s).

Link: Support RequestMake sure you choose the correct product (Traffic X) at the top of that Support Request page before you send your message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic