This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-3 Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine sounds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 1:57pm
Could anyone that is encountering this issue please drop me an e-mail (martyn[at]justflight.com), as I have an alternate sound-set for you to try.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
iandiss View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iandiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 1:28am
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the new sound file. I have used it and checked it against videos on U-Tube of DC-3 take-off cruise and landings, taken from the cockpit.

As far as I can see the new file is very accurate in all phases of flight. The only difference I could find was that the volume on take off seemed a little low and the "roar" of the engines still has a little bit of backgrond rattle.

This is a great improvement and will remain as my prefered sound cfg file.

Many thanks

Ian Diss
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 8:53am
Thanks for the feedback Ian, I will stick a patch up on the DC-3 support page to install this  modified sound-set.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 4:56pm
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
RoughLandings View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoughLandings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 9:01pm
Thanks for the update. As soon as my finals are done later this week I'll get it installed and check it out. 
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 4:22am
I've had some other aircraft with that IDLING sound as well at higher RPM's while in Flight, fortunately for me tho,,, I have over 4000 Aircraft I've collected for my FSX Gold/ Acceleration sim, and I just swapped soound files and kept the names of the ones that mattered to the new Wav files and now I've got a great sounding DC-3,, I also have Univer's great looking DC-2 (PAYWARE) and with all these DC-3's including the FSX Default ones I've got quite a collection, Ahh you should see all 23 of my Custom painted C46 Commando's too !! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic