This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic Generator won't work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvroArrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic Generator won't work
    Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 9:58pm
I cannot get the traffic generator in the TCC to work. I check all aircraft boxes and select 120% density or more. None of this traffic appears in FSX sp2, and when I re-open the generator all settings are back to only 100% density and very few ai aircraft checked off.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 7:37am
Steps:

1) Change the settings to what you want (check aircraft boxes and select the desired density).

2) RIGHT-CLICK on a blank area of the first column (VFR aircraft) and select "generate Traffic" from the little sub-menu.  This will generate VFR traffic, but it will not appear in the sim yet until you perform the last step at the end of this ordered list.

3) RIGHT-CLICK on a blank area of the first column (VFR aircraft) again and select "save Selection" from the little sub-menu.  This will save your selections and settings for next time.

4) RIGHT-CLICK on a blank area of the second column (Business aircraft) and select "generate Traffic" from the little sub-menu.  This will generate business traffic, but it will not appear in the sim yet until you perform the last step at the end of this ordered list.

5) RIGHT-CLICK on a blank area of the second column (Business aircraft) again and select "save Selection" from the little sub-menu.  This will save your selections and settings for next time.

6) And now the important part ... RECOMPILE THE TRAFFIC DATABASE so that the newly generated traffic appears in the sim.  To do this, refer to this link here: How do I re-compile the traffic database?

All of this information and more is covered in the Traffic X manual ... either the manual installed on the PC for the downloaded version of Traffic X, or the printed paper manual for the CD-ROM version of Traffic X.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic