This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-3 Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-3
    Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 10:05pm
Just a quick note to say, nice job on the DC-3. Enjoying it very much indeed. Using it in Air Hauler alongside the MAAM one already in my fleet!

Al
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 10:16pm
I pre-ordered the box so I can't wait for that to come. 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
iandiss View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iandiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:01am
I agree. The aircraft is better than the MAAM sim DC-3 in many ways as it was designed for FSX. The night panel lighting is brilliant, but it would be great to be able to vary the brightness rather than have on and off.
My only small niggle is the cylinder temperature. It always goes to 150 degrees. Almost seems if the guage should display centigrade but is displaying farenheit.
I can see many hours of happy flying with this aircraft.

Great work
Ian D
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 4:09pm
Not really a case of either or for me. I have the MAAM DC-3 patched for FSX, this new Just Flight version, the UIVER DC-2, and I'll probably also get the other FSX DC-3 that is on the way too. I suspect they will all have their relative merits, and having a few versions means we can cherry pick the best bits of all of them an merge them into a super-duper version if we choose.

I've been flying the new JF one in Air Hauler a fair bit yesterday, and it's very good indeed. There are some aspects of the MAAM version I like better, but I think this JF one is a cracking package and pretty good value too, especially if like me, you pre-ordered it and threw some loyalty points at it too, i.e. it cost me less than 20 notes for the main package with the expansion. Can't argue with that, but even without the discount I think I'd still reckon it was a bargain.

As Ian says, there are a few quirks on this JF one, but there's nothing which really spoils the show, more importantly, there are stacks of great things about the JF DC-3, such as the engine , VC and antenna variations, which make it a repainter's dream really, since there's a good chance you will find a model that is a good match for any DC-3 you want to depict. All I need to do know is suss out the config coordinates for the miniguns on the AC-47 and then add the gun firing effect from the JF Mossie to those locations and Bob's yer uncle, I'll be ready to take on the NVA!

Being that the DC-3 is my absolute all-time favourite aeroplane, I'm just very pleased that JF had a crack at it and did such a good job. Cheers guys!

Al
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 4:10pm
Hi,

The AC-47 should already have its own custom gun effects and sounds. Press the I key to use them (smoke key).

Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 5:17pm
Right, couldn't find a mention of that in the manual. Must have missed it.

Al
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by iandiss iandiss wrote:

I agree. The aircraft is better than the MAAM sim DC-3 in many ways as it was designed for FSX. The night panel lighting is brilliant, but it would be great to be able to vary the brightness rather than have on and off.
My only small niggle is the cylinder temperature. It always goes to 150 degrees. Almost seems if the guage should display centigrade but is displaying farenheit.

I agree with iandiss regarding the nightlighting, and regarding the cylinder head temperature - no matter what I did I couldn't get it within the normal range - is this a bug?

Despite this I am quite happy with the Dakota in particular, and it will be used quite a bit in AH!

Malcolm
muletrain View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muletrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 4:59am
Just wanted to say thanks for this bird.
Very nice job!

When/if you assemble a patch, here's a couple items for the list.
1.  Please replace the airspeed gauge in the VC with a knotmeter (not MPH) so it is consistent with the knotmeter in the 2D panel.
2. Is there any way to broaden/increase the flight deck sounds.  Exterior engine sounds are fine!

Best regards...
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:56am
Hi Mule,

Thank you for the feedback and glad to hear you are enjoying the aircraft, can you please submit your bug report via our support system here so that we can collect them together for when a future patch is made avalible?

Thanks,

Sam Smile

muletrain View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muletrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 1:47pm
Hi Sam...
Suggestions transferred to support system.
Thanks for your response!

Roy "Muletrain" Marsh
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 1:48pm
Thanks, Roy.

Much appreciated. Thumbs%20Up
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by SamR SamR wrote:

can you please submit your bug report via our support system here so that we can collect them together for when a future patch is made avalible?

Thanks,

Sam Smile
Apologies for putting my thoughts in the wrong place - I have re-written my observations and sent them to the support team.

Thanks again for a wonderful aircraft.

Malcolm
iandiss View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iandiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:58am
Thought that I would have a look at the xml code for the cylinder head temperature guages
, as well as a few other things. When I had a look at the cab file it is the same as the default DC3, as is the 2D panel.

Couldn't find anything for the 3d pit so it must be in the aircraft code. The cylinder head temperatureoperate correctly in the 2d panel and they show the correct temperature range for the normal operating temps. The guages in the 3d pit show an incorrect range with the max of 150 degrees. Should be up to 300 degreea with the normal range from 150 to 240 degrees.

Ian D 
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:15am
Hi Ian,

The vast majority of the gauges are built into the model, so are not editable. The default gauges are used for the default 2D panel. Our latest aircraft from Aeroplane Heaven (BoB, Wildcat etc) now include only 'mini-2D' panels as we feel the VC is of high enough quality to be used as the primary viewpoint for flying. We choose to include the default DC3 2-D panel in this product as we felt most users would prefer it to a mini-2D panel.

We are aware of these issues and will address them in a service pack once we are satisfied that we have identified all remaining issues.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
iandiss View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iandiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 8:23am
Thanks for the quick reply Martyn. The fact that you use the default 2 D panel was not a critisism. I never use 2D panels and would not purchase an aircraft without a very good 3D cockpit. With my current setup using a quad processor, a 9800GTX+ graphics card and multiple monitors I get anything up to 120 fps depending on how I set up Active sky Evolution.

High resolution 3D cockpits are the only way to go and I suppose us simmers are getting spoilt and expect everythink to work in FS aircraft they way they do in the real thing.

Looking forward to the update.

Ian D
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by iandiss iandiss wrote:

High resolution 3D cockpits are the only way to go and I suppose us simmers are getting spoilt and expect everythink to work in FS aircraft they way they do in the real thing.

and why not?,...it's not called Flight Simulator for nothing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic