This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 2:21am
Quote Got 4+ ft of snow here at the moment and no sign of it disappearing! A tree fell over in the garden, too, due to the weight. VulcanB2.
  VulcanB2 you have not put on your location in your profile Unhappy nearest airport will do [I think it should be mandatory]nearest airport or is it a Censored secret
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 8:51am
I've been of school the whole week and still no sign of it cleaning. 
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 8:54am
just when i thought it was starting to clear up it came back, now been snowing heavily non stop for the last 2 hours. soon covered my car up oh joy! thats one extra thing i gotta do when i wake up.
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:08am
Footpaths where I am are like an ice rink. Still not much snow though, just a very light dusting a few days ago, what I mentioned.

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:53am
VulcanB2 you have not put on your location in your profile

I'm afraid that information is classified. But I believe it's an under ground base, somewhere on a remote island. It is from here that he coordinates his defenses against the evil governments of the world, who are planning to turn us into automatons to do their bidding.

Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 12:09pm
...it also depends on which clone you are referring to Wink

Why do you think I'm up here in orbit watching things?
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 12:21pm
Oops! Forgot to mention that Magic, thanks for reminding us. Clones are essential of course. There's obviously no way a single individual could coordinate such an effort on our behalf.
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 12:24pm
Uncle Martin has a secret file on everyone... so beware.
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 1:09pm
My water pipes are frozen! I need to flush the bog but If I do the system obviously won't refill. Embarrassed
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 3:26pm
Flush it Stringy. Can't have that stench in your house.

If you need to go again, fill a saucepan with water and pour it down the pan. manual flush comes in handy sometimes. Thumbs%20Up
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Martin Martin wrote:

fill a saucepan with water and pour it down the pan.

How could I fill a saucepan with water? The main inlet got  frozen. No incoming water to the house from any taps!! All sorted now anyway. oh how I laughed

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:15pm

Quote How could I fill a saucepan with water?

Melted snow?  Get water from a neighbor if it's only your home's pipes that are frozen?  Local ground water (it's not like it has to be clean water)?  Six bottles of Evian?  Anything but beer!

Every homeowner should know how to bucket-flush.  Our toilets here may be slightly different from European ones and typically take more than a sauce-pan full, but a gallon or two works very well. 

If we have a power failure here for any reason, we lose our water because it comes from a well in the back yard with an electic pump.  Our plan B for flushing is swimming pool water - 10,000 + gallons will do a lot of flushing.

John Allard
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 11:34am
Allardjd.

Thanks for you input. However, my post was simply a light hearted one and not to be taken too seriously!! I do of course know how to get out of a situation in cases such as that.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Stringbean Stringbean wrote:

Originally posted by Martin Martin wrote:

fill a saucepan with water and pour it down the pan.

How could I fill a saucepan with water? The main inlet got  frozen. No incoming water to the house from any taps!! All sorted now anyway. oh%20how%20I%20laughed

Affirmative Stringy. Thumbs%20Up

although I do have one other suggestion to add to John's...

You would find it quite a relief, but not necessarily socially acceptable. Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic