This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Plans Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neal6923 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Plans Help
    Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 1:10am
Hi,

Im trying to get AirTran into Charleston, WV (CRW) by using the create-a-flight plan.  I created the times and everything, and its under the AirTran list of flights, but when I go to CRW for its scheduled landing time at 16:40, its not there.  Its not even there when I go back to its scheduled takeoff time.  Anyone know why it wouldnt be working?

I also went by the tutorial on just flight as well..
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 12:54am

In order to see your added/edited flight plans, you need to re-compile the traffic database after you make your changes.  Unfortunately, the Tutorials forget to mention this important fact.

Refer to this thread here for information on how to re-compile the traffic database: How do I re-compile the traffic database?

Also remember that flight plans are based on UTC time, so if you do not see your aircraft, make sure that you looking for it at the correct time.  I usually run the sim and set the time to dawn ... and then change the sim time in one or two hour increments up until dusk/night, checking to see if the aircraft is there with each time change.  In this way I check for it over the duration of the entire day.  If the flight plan is set for a WEEKLY schedule then it can get a bit tricker as you may also need to change the day of the week forward one or back one in the sim to check if your aircraft appears.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic