This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I get my original airports back.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronhol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get my original airports back.
    Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 6:50am
I have returned back to Just Flights Traffic X after trying others but ended up in a bigger mess with them, I am using a 64bit Windows 7 with 2 BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX graphic cards running in SLi but I am running my flight sims in a single card option, don't go there!
My Traffic X question is after successful installation I found at Seattle (KSEA) my first test flight after installing Traffic X I had aircraft landing and parking but a good 30 feet off the ground level, this I presumed was because I am running the new ORBX USA and Canada Scenery, I think I have fixed it through the Traffic Control Centre by selecting Airports and clicking on " Update existing" do I have to do this for my UK 2000 scenery airports files as well. Also I selected the scenery files for Traffic X and placed them lower than the orbx pacific northwest files, all this appears to have cured it for Seattle anyway. 
neal6923 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neal6923 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 8:00pm
I had a similar problem for CRW(charleston wv) when I added its scenery. Eventually I unchecked traffic X scenery add-ons and it worked.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 12:40am

Whenever you install scenery add-ons or similar you need to work out the correct "order" for them in the FSX scenery list.  Traffic X can normally be left at the very top of the list ... but it is logical to assume that there would certainly be some add-on scenery packages out there which probably do need to be placed above Traffic X in the list.

Remember that things which are higher in the FSX list have precedence over things which are lower.  In some rare cases you may need to untick (uncheck) certain things in the list so that there are no clashes, but, generally, you can leave everything ticked provided the order is correct and everything continues to work fine in the sim.  Often, it takes a little bit of experimentation with the order of things to get everything working in harmony.

Also, whenever you add new scenery or similar add-ons, it is conceivable that they may contain modifications to airport AFCAD files and therefore, yes, you should use the "Update existing" feature to make sure Traffic X is made aware of those.  If your UK 2000 was already installed when you ran the "Update existing", then you won't need to do it again.  But, if you installed the UK 2000 scenery AFTER doing a previous "Update existing", then, yes, you should do it again.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic