This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Materials not showing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Materials not showing
    Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 7:11pm
Hi all!

I am running Flight Sim x on a Windows 7 64 bit machine, with  Traffic X installed.

I have tried installing the military ai pak (1 and 2) for FSX, both with and without  Traffic X installed, however I keep getting the same issue, that being that materials of the AI traffic don't show?! The aircraft are there and they move, but they are missing their skins?!

Anyone heard of this issue before, or know how to fix it?

Many thanks!
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 11:30pm
Where are you when you have this happen to you?  I had this happen to me after installing a third party airport scenery (Nice).  The solution that I found on their website was to turn off the option to have the user aircraft cast a shadow.  I have no idea why they are connected, but when I turned off the aircraft shadows all the AI planes reappeared.  
Chuck Morse
enigma35 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:01am
Hi Chuck,

Thank you for your response.

It doesn't matter where I am I'm afraid, the materials never show up, boo!
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 7:30pm
Well, I guess I would try turning off the "aircraft casts shadow on ground" option anyway and see what happens.   Are you running in DX9 mode or DX10 preview mode?
Chuck Morse
enigma35 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:55pm
Hi Chuck,

I'm running DX11
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 11:36pm
There are only two options for FSX regarding the level of DirectX that it will use.  It uses DX9 by default, but there is a checkbox that you can select that is labeled "DirectX 10 Preview".  If you have that checked, you might try unchecking it.
Chuck Morse
enigma35 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 12:49am
Genius!

Thank you so much Chuck!

It was the Direct X issue you mentioned. I unticked the box and it's working a treat now.

So I guess the Military AI pak isn't Directx 10/11 friendly.

Thanks once again!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 5:34am
Well done Chuck.  I too would have suggested turning off the "Preview DirectX 10" option in FSX to see if that resolved the issue.  You beat me to it.

Considering this did fix it, one is now curious about the following ...

The Traffic X Product Information web page (here: Just Flight Product Page for Traffic X) says "NEW! DirectX10 compatible. Traffic X is future-proofed as far as possible for DX10 use."

... so, does this fix for the Military PlusPak mean that the aircraft in this PlusPak are NOT DirectX 10 compatible?  Hmmm.  And I suppose the same could be asked of the PlusPak Civilian package as well.  Are the aircraft in that DirectX 10 compatible?  Double hmmm.

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 6:54am
Originally posted by enigma35 enigma35 wrote:

So I guess the Military AI pak isn't Directx 10/11 friendly.

To dispel any uncertainty:

There is a difference between the "Traffic" PlusPaks and the "TrafficX" PlusPaks. Traffic PlusPak - Military Aircraft 1 and Traffic PlusPak - Military Aircraft 2 are not DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 compliant. TrafficX PlusPak - Military, TrafficX PlusPak - Civil & Military, and TrafficX PlusPak - Civil are fully DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 compliant. None of the Traffic PlusPaks are DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 compatible. All of the TrafficX PlusPaks are DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 compatible.

Below is a screenshot of the KC135 Tanker from TrafficX PlusPak - Civil & Military rendering via DirectX 11. Incidentally, anyone needing a fix for the KC135 animated door (which had been staying open during taxiing and takeoff) can download the fix from FSX Links.

Dan

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 1:59am

If Traffic X itself is DirectX 10 compliant, then logic says that the Traffic X PlusPaks (both Military and Civil) should also be DirectX 10 compliant.  Soaranden confirms this.

So, why did the original poster (enigma35) have this issue then?  The clue might be in the following sentence ... "I have tried installing the military ai pak (1 and 2) for FSX ...".  That doesn't specifically say it is the Traffic X PlusPak.  So, it could be an earlier PlusPak (eg, Traffic as opposed to Traffic X) or even a Military AI pack from another AI product.  Yes, that would make sense now.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 11:59am
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

So, why did the original poster (enigma35) have this issue then?  The clue might be in the following sentence ... "I have tried installing the military ai pak (1 and 2) for FSX ...".  That doesn't specifically say it is the Traffic X PlusPak.  So, it could be an earlier PlusPak (eg, Traffic as opposed to Traffic X) or even a Military AI pack from another AI product.  Yes, that would make sense now.

I'll go even further than you, freddy. Since there are no TrafficX versions of "Traffic PlusPak - Military Aircraft 1" and "Traffic PlusPak - Military Aircraft 2," enigma35's reference to "military ai pak (1 and 2)" had to be referring to these two old Traffic PlusPaks. The newer "TrafficX PlusPak- Military" and "TrafficX PlusPak - Civil & Military" were released as products that included military aircraft models that would be (and are) more complimentary with the quality of the AI aircraft models found in TrafficX. The ability to run TrafficX PlusPak aircraft in "Preview DirectX 10" mode is part of what makes them more complimentary.

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic