This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BOB service pack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOB service pack
    Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 10:03am
Just downloaded and installed the service pack and I can confirm that the operation of the canopy,door, engine cover and the radio shack is sweet now.
As soon as I can afford the gas I'll take it for a spin and check out the rest.
Bit of a relief really, it has been the only aircraft of the 50+ in the hanger that I had that sort of problem. Never mind, it's fixed!!Clap
IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 7:54pm

Hi,

It’s good to see the extra details for the B of B supplied with the service pack, but I was a little disappointed to see that the “reversed” operation of the propeller pitch leaver on the Spitfire and the Hurricane has not been addressed. Are there any plans to correct this in the future?

Regards,

Ian.

Zippy View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew
Figment of our collective imaginations

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 8:12pm
Downloaded it earlier this evening. Had great fun flying the Spit upside down and letting the power drop out.
Anyone know where you can get a USP plugin to make all the blood drain from your head? Probably source one from a different type of website Wink
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 10:17am
Originally posted by IanHenry IanHenry wrote:

Hi,

It’s good to see the extra details for the B of B supplied with the service pack, but I was a little disappointed to see that the “reversed” operation of the propeller pitch leaver on the Spitfire and the Hurricane has not been addressed. Are there any plans to correct this in the future?

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian,

This explanation is from the developers:

Ah yes, a trap for young players this one.

No it is not reversed.

Many devs making Spits get this one wrong. So did quite a few novice pilots apparently which is why they put the placard in the cockpit.

Pull the lever back for fine pitch and maximum revs. Push the lever fully forward for coarse pitch, minimum revs.

Conversely, in the Hurricane, you pull the lever back to increase the pitch and decrease the RPM, push it forward to increase the RPM and decrease the pitch.

You can check the prop blades when using the lever to see it in action.

The bezel on the lever is marked in such a way so that the outer arrows refer to the pitch state and the inner ones to the RPM state.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 10:23pm
OK thanks Martyn, I stand corrected.

Regards,
         Ian.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic