This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remove redundant airlines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remove redundant airlines
    Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:48am
Hi all,

How can I remove specific airlines from Traffix X, e.g. Go & Britannia?
Cheers
Dene
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 10:38am
To remove Britania, you will need to do a recompile of the AI traffic database via the TRAFFIC MOVEMENTS screen.  However, before you do your compile, locate Britania in the AIRLINE/CARRIER column on the right hand side of the screen and REMOVE THE CHECK MARK from the box.  When you do your recompile, Britania will not be compiled in to the database.  (Tip: If you right-click on that column, you will get a small sub-menu. Choose "Unselect and Sort > Name" which will remove all of the check marks but will SORT the list for you in alphabetical order. Now right-click on the column again and choose "Select All" which will place all the checks back in to ALL of the airlines, but now that the list is sorted you can easily find Britania and uncheck it.)

I am afraid Go is not as easy because it does not appear in the list of Airlines/Carriers.  So, for Go, you would have to manually locate all of the Go flight plans in the FLIGHT PLAN screens and then either manually delete each one of them, or edit them and change them to another current carrier.  Finding them is the hard part.  I see from Wikipedia they operated 737-300s.  I see from the Traffic X Paint program that GO indeed has 737-300s liveries in Traffic X.  Wikipedia also tells me that GO was associated with EasyJet.  So I looked at the EasyJet flight plans in Traffic X, but the flight plans DO NOT seem to distinguish the 737-300 aircraft into specific EasyJet 737s and GO 737s.  In short, I was unable to quickly locate the GO flight plans in Traffic X.  But you can see the sort of method that I employed to try to locate them.  In a similar manner, you will have to do some "research" like this and find the flight plans and planes so you can "remove" them.  After you do this, you would then need to do a recompile so that your changes take effect in the AI traffic database.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic