This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New- Spitfire MkV for FSX!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New- Spitfire MkV for FSX!
    Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 3:06pm

We have commissioned the warbird experts at Aeroplane Heaven to create a Spitfire Mk V package exclusively for Just Flight. This popular variant of the Spitfire will feature the outstanding quality seen in the recently released Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary trio of the Mk1 Spitfire, Hurricane and Me 109 from the same development team.

We know that a Mk V Spitfire is high on many pilots' wishlists, so we're happy to oblige!

This new expansion for FSX will include the Mk Va (8-gun wing), Mk Vb (cannon wing), Mk Vb (tropical filter) and Mk Vc (four-cannon clipped wing) variants.

Around 14 different models are planned for inclusion, among them Douglas Bader's Lord Lloyd 1 aircraft, a Polish 303 Squadron aircraft flown by Flt. Lt. Jan Zumbach in 1942, and Canadian, French and Czech planes.

We'll post full details as soon as we can.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 3:21pm
looks good what time frame are we look at before we can get our hands on it.

Col.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 5:32pm

Looks very good, Martyn.

pittnuma View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pittnuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 1:06pm
Superb, just need a Lancaster that will go with it Wink 

Current 1 will not work in DX10 Cry
ftl818 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftl818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 11:59am
Questions:

Are the shown liveries the finished product?
The exhaust stains (rainbow???) look rather odd, the aircraft look very factory new, almost no paint damage, oil stains etc.

How does the flight/ engine modelling compare to the coming A2A accusim RR merlin package?

Things like prolonged full power will cause engine seizure, boiling coolant/ engine overheating with wrong radiator settings. Engine overheating with prolonged taxiing. Engine damage with wrong rpm/ manifold settings.

In other words should I go for this one or should I wait for the A2A aircraft with accusim?

Paul
AndyE1976 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyE1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 2:09pm
This looks really good, in fact the textures look even better than the BoB pack.  Just one small issue I spotted in the screenshots, there appears to be a gap in the textures by the wing root (see image 6) hopefully this is something minor that can be corrected before release.

SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by AndyE1976 AndyE1976 wrote:

This looks really good, in fact the textures look even better than the BoB pack.  Just one small issue I spotted in the screenshots, there appears to be a gap in the textures by the wing root (see image 6) hopefully this is something minor that can be corrected before release.

Hi Andy,

Could you do us a big favour and high-light the area in which you are seeing a gap? I can clear it up Smile

Thanks,

Sam

AndyE1976 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyE1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:45pm
It's right at the corner of the trailing edge of the right wing where it meets the wing root fairing, circled in yellow below:
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by AndyE1976 AndyE1976 wrote:

It's right at the corner of the trailing edge of the right wing where it meets the wing root fairing, circled in yellow below:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the image, goodspot. I will forward the information on and it will be fixed.

Cheers,

Sam Thumbs%20Up

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:51pm
This product is now available for pre-order (only £9.99!) here:

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=559#
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 6:35pm
Avro Lancaster on cover of PC Pilot this month as give away.
johnep
sean_ca7 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean_ca7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 3:11pm
Looks awesome! Will this one work with FSX Acceleration? Can't say that I was a fan of trying to fly with a black propeller Tongue
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by sean_ca7 sean_ca7 wrote:

Looks awesome! Will this one work with FSX Acceleration? Can't say that I was a fan of trying to fly with a black propeller Tongue

Hi Sean,

The Spit Mk V is fully FSX Native therefore is designed solely for FSX.

Cheers,

Sam

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 9:14am
Quote Are the shown liveries the finished product?

The images reflect the finished liveries. There will be slight cosmetic changes, but nothing major.

Quote How does the flight/ engine modelling compare to the coming A2A accusim RR merlin package?

Our aircraft do not include complex engine management features, but do replicate the correct temps/pressures/RPMs/general behaviour.

Quote In other words should I go for this one or should I wait for the A2A aircraft with accusim?

If you want complex engine management, wait for an Accu-sim offering.

Quote looks good what time frame are we look at before we can get our hands on it.

We hope to have it ready within the next month.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ftl818 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftl818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 9:34am
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the answer,

I bought the spit anyhow. The 50% reduction for just a pretty face is still a very good deal! A bit of paintshopping will adjust the liveries to my liking (hopefully more photo-real then an "artist impression" as it is now, quite common for all AH aircraft).

Small advice for the aircraft.cfg file: use the supercharger lines as in the FXS/accelaration default P-51. Then the engine model will at least have a working automatic supercharger. Done this already for the hurricane, it now flies at the operational ceiling with good boost and speed!

Paul

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 2:48pm
This product is now on sale:

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=559
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic