This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Airlines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olimo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Airlines
    Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 2:20pm
I've created an airline in the Airline/carrier codes and inserted all the information e.g. Country, Airline Name etc.

However when i want to create a flight plan under the new airline, it does not appear in the drop down menu in the flight plan page.

Help?
Oliver Morris
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 10:53pm
I have never used that feature.  However, I have added individual planes in to Traffic X and I've also made adjustments to some of the individual aircraft characteristics such as range and parking space size.  What I find is that after adding new planes or making characteristics changes, I need to CLOSE and RE-RUN Traffic X in order to see my changes.  Sometimes, despite doing this, the characteristics changes still do not show the changed values, so I repeat the process of making the change and then closing and re-running.  It usually works after the second attempt.

So ... with that in mind ... could this be your problem?  You have added your airline, but you may need to CLOSE and RE-RUN Traffic X to see it?

Another thought could be that adding the airline merely adds in the airline "name", but unless the airline is assigned a "fleet", then it will not appear.  I imagine that involves adding aircraft to the airline in some way ... but, as I said, I have not used this feature and there I have no idea how to do any of that.

For my Australian setup, I'd love to add "Regional Airlines (REX)" as an airline to Traffic X.  Right now, I have REX working in Traffic X just by adding the individual planes and the individual flight plans.  But adding them in as an "airline" would probably be the better way to go.

Maybe someone else who has done this and got it working could shed some further light on the subject ...
pittnuma View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pittnuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 1:16pm
Does the airline option group a/c? Thus you set a line to Jet2 for instance they all park together?
olimo12 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olimo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 2:16pm
Cheers for your help guys, emailed the traffic x support and they solved it for me. Very simple, didn't know why I didn't think of it myself self.

Freddy if you need any help on how to add an airline just let me know, very easy!
Oliver Morris
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by pittnuma pittnuma wrote:

Does the airline option group a/c? Thus you set a line to Jet2 for instance they all park together?

The airline parking codes determine where the aircraft park.  Parking codes are assigned to parking spots in the airport AFCAD file.  For an aircraft to park in that spot, it must have the appropriate matching parking code in its aircraft.cfg file.  Traffic X obviously doesn't edit AFCAD files.  But Traffic X does provide options to edit basic aircraft settings.  I am guessing that this airline/carrier code thing in Traffic X can be used to make the changes to the aircraft so that, yes, they will all park in a group.  I've not yet tried to use this feature in Traffic X.  However, it looks like olimo12 may be able to enlighten us below ...
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by olimo12 olimo12 wrote:

Cheers for your help guys, emailed the traffic x support and they solved it for me. Very simple, didn't know why I didn't think of it myself self.

Freddy if you need any help on how to add an airline just let me know, very easy!

Yes, I would be interested.

It might be easy for you to just cut-and-paste Support's response here in to the forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic