This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No traffic after installing Traffic X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seethu83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No traffic after installing Traffic X
    Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 7:13am
 Hi,

I installed Traffic X and I couldn't find any traffic even in busy airports like Heathrow. Can anyone please help me?

I am using windows 7 & i had installed fsx sp1 & sp2. But not installed traffic x service packs.

Cheers,

Seetharaman
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 10:42am
I had a lot of problem with FS X till I had installed FS X sp1 & sp2.from JUST FLIGHT the MICROSOFT sp 1 & 2 did not work well at all, I do not know if it was me or MICROSOFT.hope it helps you, not installed any Traffic on FX X yet.
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 11:43pm
The Flight Sim Service Pack 1 and Flight Sim Service Pack 2 don't upset Traffic X.  I have used Traffic X with both Flight Sim Service Pack 1 when it came out and then Flight Sim Service Pack 2 after that, and things ran fine.

The Just Flight Traffic X FAQ has the answers you seek.

From the Just Flight Traffic X FAQ ...

=======================================
I am not seeing any A.I. after installing Traffic X

The most likely cause for this is if you have previously installed another A.I. traffic program that uses an old style .bgl (the file that acts as a database for A.I. traffic movements) as FSX is only capable of supporting one of these files in the old format and it will disable any other traffic. Please try searching your FSX directory for anything that may have been left behind by a previous A.I. program.
and this ...

..... then you may have an old FS2004 format traffic database still installed into FSX. FSX is only capable of running one legacy BGL file from older versions of Flight Simulator and having one running will cause ALL other AI traffic to be suppressed including river/sea traffic and Traffic X. If you have previous used an AI program in FSX that does not use the a proper FSX format database please ensure that you have uninstalled the program. If this does not resolve the program then we have put together a tool that will search any and all folders being referenced by FSX in order to locate any old style .bgl files.

The tool they are referring to can be downloaded from the FAQ page.

Also make sure you have the Traffic X Service Pack installed.  You can do this even if you are not sure if it is already installed.  It won't hurt anything if you install it over the top of your existing install.  You can download it from the FAQ page as well.

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 12:41pm
Yes I was the same to installed Traffic X at least 5 times now for no traffic and I have downloaded the Service pack 1 and 2 and nothing it is so dam frustrating. Microsoft need to improve the way they design Traffic so it is user friendly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic