This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shift E + Numbers Problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shift E + Numbers Problem?
    Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 12:05am
Hi, just got the boxed version. Looks Superb..

Is it me, or do none of the Shift+E+number keys work.  I can not open any cowlings etc? Only Shift + E works to open the Canopy..This applies to ALL three aircraft.

I am "cold and dark cockpit"

Anyone else see this? Or is it just me?Cry
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 2:33pm
Hi Herky,
         I also have the same problem, I thought it was just me!

Ian.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:06pm
Hi Ian,

I have been in touch with Martyn at JF. He said to hold Shift and E release then the number. A matter of timing?  Now on this sim I have found its far more tricky and critical, dare I say hit and miss?Ermm. The timing is finnicky. For example, on the Caranedo Bush, which has 4 doors, if you include the cargo pod, all open and close easily with Shift+E and then the number 1-4!!!!  There is no messing about with it.

Anyway on the plus side, what a great sim for the 70 annivBig%20smile  Reading a bit ont'internet about the models simulated, they seem to have them spot on!  Even the lack of a AH on the ME 109E4.  The Germans didn't fit one until the later 109's.

Regards.

Its almost tempting me back to CS3, to have those cannon shells actually do somethingBig%20smile

black hammer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 9:25am

Hello peeps, I too had a problem at first with opening the cowlings etc. I've managed to do it a few times. It is tricky, more misses than hits. Just keep trying, and should soon get it.  As you say herky, shift + E release then quickly hit the associated number, its just a matter of getting the timing right. Wink 

mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:35pm
Hiya
The Shift+E + number has always been a problem for me on most aircraft so I re-mapped the exit key to a simple K press then using K+2 K+3 etc is more easier to use then trying to get the timing right with three keys

Cheers
Mut
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 6:35pm
Hi Mr. mutley.    Can you tell us how you remapped the Shift + E key? 

Methinks its something to do with FSUIPC?  Or is it easy?

I am a bit of a numpty ( dunce) even if I can land in 0/0 visibility in a crosswindoh how I laughed

Regards.
Herky

mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 10:19am
Hi,
Run FSX
In the Options Menu > Settings > Controls menu click on the "BUTTONS/KEY" tab.
Scroll down until you see event "Doors - select (Open/close)" double click on it to get up the "Change Assignment" window then press the new keyboard key (In my case it is K) then click OK and Ok again. Job done!

Cheers

Mut
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 7:48pm
Thanks, I never thought of thatClap

Will give it a new Key.

Thanks.

Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 10:28pm
Yes Shift + E is always a nuicense ever since FS2002, just re-map to something else.

IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 7:08pm
O.K, thanks for your suggestions.

Ian.
KiwiFlyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 3:41am
I too have this problem so gave the key change idea a go but still found timing to be crucial. I finally got the engine cover off but its more than a bit frustrating tbh.

This is one example where a control panel for animations is ideal in my view. It makes it a bit easier for timing impaired folk such as myself. Captainsim have turned this approach into an art form for their birds and it works very well.

Other than that I am loving this package. I'm stunned at the quality and performance of all three birds, great job!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic