This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A small issue that could be fixed in a patch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu7708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A small issue that could be fixed in a patch
    Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 11:10am
Hi.

I recently ran into a small problem flying in southern UK where TrafficX was the source of the problem.

I was doing a ferry flight in AirHauler from Exeter to Yeovilton (EGDY).  When ATC switched me over to Yeovil tower (122.1) I instantlly got Middle Wallop ATIS in my speakers with the tower pestering me about not responding to his transmission in the short pauses between ATIS repetions..

After some digging on the web and on my computer I found that the ATIS frequency for Middle Wallop (EGVP) isn't in the default scenery, but looking in the AFCAD:s for both TrafficX and TrafficX PlusPak (I have the combo PlusPak) EGVP has ATIS services assigned to 122.1.

With the help of the friendly people over at Mutley's Hangar I was able to change the frequency for the EGVP ATIS to 122.2, so the problem is solved for me, but I'm guessing this is an issue for all Traffic X users that should be adressed in a future patch/SP.

In the AFCAD I also found that EGVP had some other problems that stopped ADE from compiling the new AFCAD. If I remeber correctly both RWY 2 and 26 (or possibly RWY 2 and 31) had the same ILS designation assigned, but on separate frequencies.

Kind Regards
Mikael
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 1:40pm
I have had a similar issue flying in Australia with an ATIS frequency seemingly being the same as an ATC frequency and ATC getting upset with me for not responding in the short pauses between ATIS repititions.

On flights to Brisbane airport (YBBN) I am asked to switch to one of the Brisbane Centre frequencies (I am sorry I cannot remember the specific frequency) and upon doing so, I get ATIS from one of the smaller local airports.  On more than one occasion my IFR flight plan has been cancelled by ATC because I was unable to respond to them because the ATIS readout is hogging the airwaves and all the other busy ATC activity is on the air as well.  Quite frustrating.

There are a few different Brisbane Centre frequencies, but definately this one particular frequency clashes with the ATIS frequency of another airfield.

I thought this would be an issue with FSX accidentally having incorrect frequencies in its tables.  But, hmmm, yes, I hadn't thought that the cause might actually be due to an AFCAD change/update from the Traffic X package.

(Regarding a future patch or Service Pack, remember that Just Flight rightly advise contacting their support people to report issues rather than relying on them seeing the reports in the forums.  Contacting the support people also means the reports can be properly logged etc.)
stu7708 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu7708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 2:54pm
I'll send this to support too. The reason I skipped it was that it was solved for me.

As for your problem in Australia, the easiest way to determine if TrafficX is the problem is to temporarily disable the TrafficX Scenery layers in FSX and test if the problem is still there.

Or just open the default scenery and TrafficX AFCAD in some sort of editor (I used ADE9X) to check if the ATIS frequency are present in both or only in the Traffic X version.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 11:52pm
Ahhh.  By pure coincedence and supporting my post above, I saw the following thread today over at Flightsim.com.  I didn't try the suggested solutions; I'm just happy to know the reason behind it.

---------------------------------------------------------
THREAD TITLE: YBBN & YBMC Comms Problem 

From hsung:
Twice, during an IFR from YSSY to YBBN using the ILS19 approach and getting instructions from YBBN approach, YBMC's ATIS (119.800 MHz) interrupts the comms before I can acknowledge YBBN's instructions.  The interference continues until YBBN cancels my IFR.  Has anyone experienced this problem or know what may be the cause for this problem?

From mrmaestrom:
This question was asked a few days ago on the Orbx forums I'll quote a couple of answers:

Originally Posted by Graham Eccleston:
This is an error within FSX.  What happens is ATC direct you to contact XYZ (I can't recall exactly but I think it is something like Brisbane Centre or perhaps Brisbane Approach) but the frequency in the ATC message is actually the one for YBMC ATIS.  It's been a while now, but I think I got around it by rejecting the offered frequency and selecting another one either from the ATC menu or by entering the correct frequency directly into the radio.  Apart from doing that, there is no real fix for this issue. Sorry to not be more help here but it has been a year or two now since I last encountered this problem.

Originally Posted by clarky:
If you are happy to live without the ATIS for YBMC, then goto flightsim.com and search for ybmc_bbq.zip under the FS2004 AFCAD Files section (link provided below).  It is a FS2004 AFCAD file but I have been using it for years with FSX without any probles.  It is just a simple .bgl file that you put into your addon scenery folder and forget about it.  No more annoying ATIS so if you can live without YBMC ATIS then I definently recommend it.  Note: you will need to login to flightsim.com before downloading this file.  http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=69831

From hsung:
Thanks Mike for your prompt reply.  I have tried the first thread's suggestion, and it works though a bit fiddly.  I looked at ybmc_bbq.zip using ADE, and it appears YBMC's ATIS comm frequency 119.800 MHz has been deleted as the solution.  I also searched for YBMC's aerodrome & procedures charts at Airservices Australia - hoping to confirm the ATIS frequency - but could not find it.  Thanks again for confirming this bug.

From duckbilled:
I just went in to ADE and changed the ATIS frequency to something else.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic