This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup: Germany v England - Sunday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 3:49pm
Agreed in essence about the performance yes but our views on the reasoning and where we go from here were canyons apart.

Enjoy the debate but always regret getting sucked in because it's not an easy subject to convey complete thoughts and feelings when going bakwards and forwards on forums.  The waters can get muddied and you can get tripped up on trivialities so easily.

I could reply in reams to each of the points and replies you raise but fear it would be rather futile so I reckon best left abandoned for now. RAS can take up the baton.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 3:56pm
Video replays have shown that neither of your balls crossed the line. 
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 4:00pm

I reckon best left abandoned for now. RAS can take up the baton.

Big%20smile  Have a lie down.

My feelings on this are clear. And this is an unbiased view... I'm not a football fanatic, I only watch internationals usually.

Goal line technology = Yes please, no problem. I don't see a scary super high tech future for football automatically following. Why would it, we haven't seen that doomsday scenario in any other sport.

Super high tech sensors up players bums, don't think it's necessary or will ever happen. But a semblance of that technology sensibly Incorporated wouldn't necessarily be detrimental.

I'm closer to the views of Ras, but don't turn into a nervous wreck at the thought of sensibly applied technology, and throw my hands in the air.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic