This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norton
    Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 8:55am
Hi I paid £35 for Norton a few years back and now all of a sudden its saying that I have to activate again. I typed in my key and it has said that you have reached the max number of installs on this product key...

I have paid £35 for this, and now I have to pay again ?
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 9:06am
Yep, rip-off isn't it. Don't know how they get away with it these AV people.

just install AVG free and be done with it. It's always worked for me. Wink
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 9:23am

Ok, cheers Martin. And how is your system... mine is quite slow at times with Norton.

mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 9:24am
What are you using for firewall ?
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 9:37am
No slowdown at all with AVG as far as I can tell. It is famed for it's minimal footprint.

My Netgear router has a pretty rock solid hardware firewall, other than that the XP firewall is on.
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 10:00am
Have a look at this;

The money that Symantec are making is unbelievable, they charge £6.99 to store a download for a year when you can go to the trialware area and download the product from there, all you have to do is insert you product key to the trialware product.

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 11:12am
Hi,

You might want to read this: http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse/summary2007.pdf

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 11:29am
My girlfriend's Dad was the UK director of Symantec until a short while back. He advised me to steer well clear of Norton AV....'nuff said!
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 12:22pm
Shocked

If their own people are saying that....!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 2:32pm
Ok so out with the old and in with the new. Thanks for your words lads.

mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 3:18pm
And the worst thing is that they dont warn you... today I had a box with you need to register NAV... so now all of a sudden i dont have protection !!! Idiots !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic