This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Homebuilt CDU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homebuilt CDU
    Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:22am
Hello everyone,

Over the past few weeks I have been building my own CDU as part of my Pedestal Project. I have finally completed construction of the CDU. It is fully compatible with the LDS767 and FSX. The electronic interfacing is done through the USBKeys Card (of Opencockpits) and "Lekseecon", a freeware program developed by Nico Kaan.

All the construction, wiring and installation is completely home-made.

I have made a video demonstrating some of the features of both my CDU and other aspects of the Pedestal in my home-cockpit, such as the Radios and Transponder. Please watch the following video, it shows me running through the pre-flight procedures at YBBN Brisbane, I added some ATC Chatter to make it more realistic.

Thanks and enjoy.

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 4:39pm
Looks an amazing set up and to wire and install that to all function correctly must have been quite a challenge!  Just one thing, when you were inputing the route data etc. into the FMC I never saw the waypoints and information appear in the scratch pad.  Is this just the view the video was taken from or can you not see what you are entering? 
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 6:05pm
Hiya Tom,

Well noticed!

You are right, it was just the shot of the video that didn't include the scratch pad. I can always see what I'm entering into the CDU.

Thanks for the kind words.Big%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic