This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Job expiration cause I was early?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Job expiration cause I was early?
    Posted: 09 May 2010 at 10:33pm

I cant beleive I am posting another issue. I have a feeling I am become THAT guy .. Anyways I just completed a flight and I thought everything was fine only to find out that I had supposedly failed the flight. It wasnt fragile or anything like that, the only thing that I can think of is that it failed cause I was 8 minutes early. Yes early.  Said the job expired at 15:53 yet I completed it at 14:45.  Any ideas?

Nick

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 10:43pm
Are you absolutely sure about when you delivered it?

Remember all times in AirHauler are LOCAL not ZULU. What does it say on the completed jobs list for that particular job?
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
19dcavscout View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:21am
I was going off of what it said in the completed jobs list. It says in the expirary tab: 05/09/2010 14:53 and in the completed tab it is: 05/09/2010 14:45.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:45am
What did the "handling agent" do when you unloaded the cargo?  Did you get the cheering or the raspberries?  Also, you might look at the Completed Jobs entry for the cargo condition at delivery - was it 100%?  Did you get paid for the delivery and if so, did you get the full amount? 

Cargo can be damaged in enroute, even non-fragile cargo if the bank or pitch angles are extreme or if the landing is bad enough.
John Allard
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:53am
I got the raspberries when I did it.  In the completed jobs its there, but in red. Yes I got paid the full amount and it dropped my rep. I see now, the cargo condition was 23. I wonder if it has to do with the whole my computer crashing thing as explained in my other post where my 767 was at a small airport and I had to repair it and such.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:57am
Correction, I didnt get paid the full amount. I think I just got screwed. I guess that computer crashing cost me a lot more than I thought. Sorry to waste everyones time on this one. Still learning this program thats all.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 2:17am
You didn't waste anyone's time.  We hang out here to help other AirHaulers and sometimes to learn some new things ourselves. 

It appears your cargo was heavily damaged somehow, perhaps due to the aftermath of the computer crash you experienced while the job was in progress.  That's the reason the job was failed and you received less than the full fee.  It's also the reason you took a rep hit, for the failed job.  On the bright side, it appears that if you had been eight minutes later you'd have gotten 10% of the revenue instead of 23%.
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic