This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuck at an airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuck at an airport
    Posted: 09 May 2010 at 5:18am
I was making a flight from KMSP back to my base at KMCC in the level-D 767 and my computer shut down on me. Now I went back to fly the flight and it has me at an airport with a runway of 1500 ft a few miles from KMSP. I cant take of or do anything. Not sure what to do here. I think I might have lost a plane and I am gonna be wizzed if I did. Any ideas? I paid some 6,000 to transport the plane, which it did to this little airplane, and I also paid 22 bucks to move me there I guess. Also I had to pay to fix my plane which was a cool 700k and to fix the flaps for some reason. Not sure whats going on but I would love to know how to fix this.
sputnik421 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sputnik421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 6:13am
Can you get an AI to move the plane with the fly to airport with AI pilot button at the bottom of the fleet window?

The problem with your racing car is between the steering wheel and the seat.
19dcavscout View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 6:37am
I am trying it now. It didnt tell me no. We will see.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 6:37am
Oh and thanks for your help.
sputnik421 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sputnik421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 11:31am
No problem

The problem with your racing car is between the steering wheel and the seat.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 4:52pm
Yup that seemed to work. Thanks. Too bad im out 800k. Oh well, I guess thats life.
NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 5:21pm
Probably thought you were landing and decided you were too quick for the flaps... gear were probably in so they were alright... Teh damage was going from your height to zero in a second....

Teh AI eat planes I think.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 10:28pm
I have no idea. I know I was at 34000 feet when it happened though.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 10:45pm
There's nothing I can do if your computer shuts down on you. Try not to let that happen
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:22am
. tell me about it.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:49am
There's an article in the thread "Useful Info and Top Tips" in this forum about how to protect yourself and recover gracefully from an FS crash during an AH flight.  If it's a computer crash, you're toast but a FS crash is survivable if you know how to handle it correctly and have done your homework ahead of time.  I understand that's not what happened to you this time, but it's still good info to be familiar with.
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic