This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dutch Harbor departure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dutch Harbor departure
    Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 5:27pm
After opening up a base at Dutch Harbor, I've moved some of my assets out into the far-flung Aleutian chain.

Here, one of my Metros is getting ready for a flight eastward to the Alaskan Peninsula

Back taxiing up runway 12, you can see the rest of the Dutch Harbor based fleet in the background, including my 737

Climbing out over the airport, this is pretty decent weather for these parts

In the left crosswind, some harbor shipping getting offloaded can be seen.

Leaving Dutch Harbor behind me

These are bleak shores, with nary a single tree to be found, due to the continuous wild winds that whip through the islands

These islands were created through volcanic eruptions and one can still see the occasional active volcano through the weather.

The islands are a land of contrasts, high, jagged peaks that rise out of flat, boggy tundra

On the descent for the Visual Approach, the weather's improved nicely

Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 10:15pm
more great shots!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic