This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Constellation Professsional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constelation Pro install problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constelation Pro install problem
    Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 6:39pm
I have Windows 7 64 and Constellation Pro refuses to install. After the disk is in...nothing happens.I then right click the drive to start it manually...but it crashes everytime.
I have tried every option in Autoplay, turned off firewall,tried it in safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for CD drive, and I have waited patiently to see if it would do it by itself.
It still won't install.
To determine if the disk is damaged I tried it on another PC.....it worked fine.
I then tried a similar product from Just Flight (Mosquito) ..it worked fine and the install shield appeared right away, so I am sure it's not a hardware issue.
Just Flight support has has replied saying they know of no issues having the problem I have.
What could be causing this to happen?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 7:53pm
Hi,
I don't know if you are still in contact with them but we can give you a copy of the download version to install.
Sometimes some disk drives just refuse to load up the Safedisk protection used on the disk. Its a rarity but it does happen. The ESD won't have that problem so we will get you up and running nice and quick.
kurly View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 8:27pm
I'm confused as what to do next...there is no link to a download.
How do I initiate the download process?
kurly View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 8:36pm
If you could please tell me what your intentions are?
From reading your message...I think you plan to send a download to me?
But nothing is here? Is there a procedure to follow so this process initiates?
kurly View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 9:21pm
this process has become futile ...
thank you just flight ....you have officially succeeded wasting my entire day!
Congratulations!!!!

kurly View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 10:23pm
Why would someone say such a thing like this?
There's no download link...and I am a fool for ever believing there would be one.
If there's any lesson to be learned from this is....don't ever have faith in what people tell you.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 11:13pm
Kurly,

We are open 9am - 5pm GMT, Monday - Friday. Unfortunately we cannot offer support outside of these hours, as we have not got access to the download/order systems.

As discussed earlier today, we will provide you with a download version of this product to get around the problem with your DVD drive. However, this can only be done on Monday morning at the earliest, when we return to the office.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
kurly View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 11:19pm
good grief...now you tell me.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 11:27pm
Hi Kurly,

You should have received an automated response if you replied to us outside of working hours, explaining what hours we are open.

In the UK, the vast majority of companies work the standard 9am-5pm, and we are no different. Unfortunately we cannot offer a 24-hour service.

I have to log-off now to go to sleep, as its currently 11:30pm here. I apologise for any inconvenience, but we will get back to you first thing on Monday morning.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic