This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New YouTube Layout - Yay or Neigh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New YouTube Layout - Yay or Neigh
    Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 4:53am
YouTube has featured in a couple of posts recently regarding problems with comments.

I was just wondering what everybody thought of the new layout.

In my opinion there are a few positives, but overall I "dislike" it (get it ? If not, refer to the new layout.) It seems harder to read than the previous layout, and I don't like this facebook style "Like / dislike".
Generic forum signature
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 8:38am
Originally posted by 737Chris 737Chris wrote:

YouTube has featured in a couple of posts recently regarding problems with comments.I was just wondering what everybody thought of the new layout.In my opinion there are a few positives, but overall I "dislike" it (get it ? If not, refer to the new layout.) It seems harder to read than the previous layout, and I don't like this facebook style "Like / dislike".

Personally i like it i use crome nowdays too so everything looks and works great and the simplified thumbs up is alot better than the stars. The recomended videos and playlists options are now a big plus too

Just like when facebook changes everyone complains and starts a group then after a week everyone is used to it and likes it

Flightboy
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:43pm
I don't like it quite a much as before, but I'm sure it'll be fine when I get used to it. 
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:45pm
Neigh

Not as good as it used to be!

johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 5:30am
I'm getting used to it, but I liked the old one A LOT better
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 11:45am
Neigh, I don't like it. Its not as simple any more, like to like or reply or whatever to a comment you have to hover over to get the options, it was alot easyer before. And the boxes separating related videos, other from the uploader, video infomation, comments and so on as gone. It just looks messy now.

I don't like the ne Facebook either, I realy don't. The last layout was very simple to use, any bloke or his hamster could use it. You need a degree in nuclear physics now to negotiate it now.

Why do these sites, particularly Facebook insist on always altering? If it aint broke, don't fix it!

/rant
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 12:06pm
No I don't like it.  It's not set out very logically and I can't find anything!
Kind regards,
Tom
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 12:26pm
Neigh. I pefer the old one.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic