This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Screenshots
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Beauty is in the Isles of the Behold... Scilly'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Beauty is in the Isles of the Behold... Scilly'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Beauty is in the Isles of the Behold... Scilly'
    Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 4:55pm
Greetings fellow simmers,

Last year when Earth Simulations released Alderney, I thought that scenery could not be made any better or more beautiful, I was wrong. With the upcoming release (all being well by this Friday!) of ES's latest scenery, The Isles of Scilly, it seems that scenery can be made better and more beautiful. I am truly stunned by this scenery, lost for words in fact, so let my screenshots fill in the rest of my words!!

These are all birds'eye view shots so no aircraft, just gorgeous scenery, so enjoy my 1st series on the beauty of the Isles of Scilly:

I hope these shots have shown you why I am lost for words, more posts on this wonderful scenery in the near future but for now, thanks for viewing.
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 5:01pm
Amazing!
Chazz View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 5:49pm
Brilliant!

Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 6:04pm
Apsolutly INCREADIBLE! Shocked
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 6:06pm
Amazing scenery, what sort of FPS are you getting?
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 6:37pm
Superb, I know the island well having been over several times, these are simply excellent. Try landing on the short cross wind runway on St Marys, you need to be very positive on touchdown as the runway goes uphill ! Its a challenging approach but the the Scilly Skybus guys do it regularly !Big%20smile
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
Alaaar View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 7:43pm
This scenery is more realstic than reality I think, I hope one day all sceneries will be like that, any FPS drawbacks ?
Just love to fly....
Soya View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 8:41am
Thanks all, this scenery truly is superb and it is officially released now at a very reasonable price! Hardly any drawback on FPS compared to Alderney, as long as I reduce water reflection down to x2Low, Cloud coverage to 60-70Miles instead of 110 miles and turn off FSX Bloom (not ENB bloom), I get a fairly steady 25fps(locked) on my PC. In other words, smooth enough.
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 9:16am
That scenery is pure amazing, I dont suppose you would want to fly anywhere else after that!

ICE View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 7:51pm
Superb!!!!!!

H
Alaaar View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 12:35pm
Beautiful shots special the last, sorry as English is my second language could some one explain the right pronunciation of the Island's name is it like SiSly or SiKly or something else?
Thanks
Just love to fly....
Chazz View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 3:51pm
Just ignore the c in the word, say silly

Alaaar View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 10:16am
Thank you Chazz
Just love to fly....
Soya View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 2:30pm
Your comments & praise is always appreciated, cheers folks.

Originally posted by SamR SamR wrote:

That scenery is pure amazing, I dont suppose you would want to fly anywhere else after that!

You could be right
CaptHill View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 5:48pm
Soya.....excellent shots!

As you know i am a big fan of your screenshots, I tried out the ENB series bloom that you told me about over at Mutleys.

It's simply brilliant, many thanks

Rich
Soya View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 6:01pm
Thanks Rich and my pleasure, glad it helps you enjoy FSX a bit more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic