This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding a New Airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSiGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding a New Airport
    Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 3:15am
I added the new Bangkok (VTBS) airport to FSX....but i have been trying and still cannot figure out how to add it to the Traffic X?? ANy help would be greatly appreaciated. :)
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 4:35am
Have you gone to the Airport Information screen in Traffic Control Centre (TCC) and clicked the "Import New" button?
TSiGirl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSiGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 5:23am
Yes.....I have. :(  But just i do not know if I'm clicking the worng folder...and then missing steps after...but it never shows up.
TSiGirl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSiGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 9:38pm

Somebody.....please help.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 10:53pm
From page 20 of the printed manual:

Traffic X Traffic Control Centre (TCC) knows all the standard airports in a standard FSX installation plus some military airfields which are included in Traffic X.  If you are adding new airports to your FSX setup (ie, airports which have not existed before) you will need to run the following "import" procedure.  This procedure only works with an installed FSX SDK (Software Development Kit). **

- Make sure the Traffic Toolbox SDK is installed.

- Run FSX, start the Traffic Toolbox SDK and generate a Dump Airport List (as described in the Traffic Toolbox SDK).  Save this list with the file extension .dat (eg, "FSXAirports.dat").

- In Traffic X Traffic Control Centre (TCC) press the "Import New" button.  This will open a file selector box.  Select the previously saved dump file and press OK.  TCC will load the airport list and get the data for any new airports.

==========================
** Note that you must have the correct FSX SDK version installed depending on your version of FSX (either vanilla, Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic