This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AirHauler Airport tag.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AirHauler Airport tag.
    Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 7:57am
In an effort to drum up more business for Lazer-Galactic air transport, I'm tagging every airport I visit with an AirHauler/Lazer-Galactic poster, sign, or billboard.

I only wish I had started tagging airports a long time ago, Lazer-Galactic has been to over 160 strips. My goal is to tag every base in FSX (I know its surely impossible, but I like a challenge.)

Its been real nice having a "postcard" from each airport I visit, and its giving me a reason to check out some of the more obscure, out-of-the-way airports in FSX.

I'll see you guys on radar. And don't forget to stop by the chat and say hello.

Lazer

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 4:26pm
Very nice work. Clap Tagging every airport in FS!  Wow, that is a challenge!
Chazz View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 9:43pm
Wow! That's great!

DaleM View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 10:36pm
Great idea Lazer.

How are you getting the poster image into the shots?
Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 10:58pm

Using fsrepaint I painted the side of an airport cargo truck.

If its the first time I've been to an airport, I make sure my flight plan ends at that strip. Once AH stops flight monitoring, I go back to FSX (which is still running.) and load up instant scenery.

Then I resize, rotate, and place the truck so that only the side of the truck sticks through the wall of a structure. Bingo! Instant poster.

It only takes a minute or two.  One of the coolest things is that if I change the graphic on the truck, then all of the posters/billboards in the whole world instantly change to the new graphics.

Its Kinda nice flying into an airport and seeing my handwork from a couple weeks ago.

Gotta tag 'em all!!!Tongue

Lazer-
Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 11:34pm
geedes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geedes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 11:46pm
How do you open the .bgl files?
Lazerbolt View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazerbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 8:04am
Originally posted by geedes geedes wrote:

How do you open the .bgl files?

When I use Fsrepaintv2 there are a handful of non-AC objects that it lets you repaint, such as some road vehicles, some shipping crates, a few buildings etc...

I don't know what makes these few objects different from the VAST majority that fsrepaint won't recognize, but the extend-able bed tuck was one of them.

airport tag update:

I've been hitting the tags pretty hard lately, so I did the math to check my progress... unfortunately at this rate I will have them all tagged in 244.3 years! .

Lazer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic