This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fairchild AFB Freeware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fairchild AFB Freeware
    Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 8:52pm
I've released my own DirectX 10 compliant freeware version of Fairchild Air Force Base (KSKA) at FlightSim.Com. Acceleration is required. I chose to remake Fairchild because I had not found a version that looked anything like the real base. For the small flat-roofed hangars, I ended up creating custom hangars using Microsoft's generic building textures. For the large office building (not shown in the screenshot below), I ended up using a default Microsoft building from the scenery library, but I added (by using a little XML) the gable roof that I saw exists per Google Earth.

I mention Fairchild AFB here in the Traffic X Forum because, although AI aircraft in both the default Microsoft and the Traffic X versions of Fairchild have no problem taking off, they do not land. My version enables Traffic X AI aircraft to land, as well.

Dan

Here's a screenshot of part of the base:

Fairchild AFB

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic