This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why lease a 744 when....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PimpInTheBox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why lease a 744 when....
    Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 3:42am
Total Bar Steward Logistics is pleased to announce our newest acquisition!

Deemed surplus by the USAF due to DoD budget cuts, a lease agreement was reached to with TBL.  This agreement transferred ownership of aircraft #69-0024 to TBL for 20 bucks and two buckets of chicken wings.   Such is the state of things in the military today.

Having looked at the costs of large aircraft, TBL ownership decided that 34 million lease deposit on a 747-400 was just not good value for the money, when this deal was able to be completed for a relatively paltry $30M deposit...

Without further ado, I present to you the newest addition to the TBL fleet!

This was such a fire sale that a non-disclosure agreement with the USAF was required, and the aircraft was flown into a remote tropical island on a stormy night!

Next stop?  The Paint Barn!

papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:01am
Is that the Area 51 C5M?  I'm going to import this into AH this weekend, just trying to get the TO and Landing speeds annotated for various weights.  Mine flies like a pig but I'm starting to get the hang of it.  Do you have trouble with some of the flight dynamics.  I find that the Auto Pilot will chase the altitude and speed, especially on final.  It also takes a lot of thrust to taxi, and it seems under powered.  I boosted the engine power.

Greg 
Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic