This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A DirectX 10 Compliant KC-135?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A DirectX 10 Compliant KC-135?
    Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:08pm
I purchased Traffic X PlusPak - Civil and Military, a few months ago. I have the latest update. However, there is still a problem with the door of the KC-135 remaining open. (I would settle for Just Flight releasing a Traffic X PlusPak update that includes a KC-135 model without an animated door). Since I have waited a few months and no fix for the open door problem has been provided, I am wondering if there is a DirectX 10 compliant version of the KC-135 (or a DirectX 10 compliant version of a 707 that includes a KC-135 tanker livery) available--either as freeware or as a commercial product?

The reason I am wanting a KC-135 is that I am developing my own freeware version of Fairchild AFB. Upon initial examination of Fairchild via Google Earth, I mistakenly thought I was seeing B-52s *, but zooming in (as well as Wikipedia's article on Fairchild AFB) confirmed that I was seeing KC-135s.

* Martyn provided a link to a commercial B-52 in the B-52 posting, and I went ahead and purchased it (even though I don't need it for Fairchild), since, for quite some time, I had been wanting a DirectX 10 compliant version of a B-52 to use as a good-looking AI aircraft. (I haven't installed the B-52 yet, so don't take my mention of it as an endorsement).

Dan

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:12pm
I haven't purchased the PlusPak and so cannot provide an "informed" response to your query.  However, an obvious question to ask you would be this ... have you installed the PlusPak Service Pack?

This link here http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10744 indicates it addresses the following problem(s):

-  Aircraft doors and hatches remaining open during flight
 -  CRJ700 cannot be made flyable
 -  Traffic X users not seeing the PlusPak aircraft
 -  A340/C17/KC135 sounds missing

... and that sounds like it may include a doors fix for the KC-135 that you speak of.

By the way, I did find this link to a KC-135 for FSX (but don't know if it is DirectX 10 compatible): http://www.flightsimulatorx.it/download/aerei.php  Obviously there are other Google hits for a downloadable KC-135, but this one appeared to just be a straight download rather than a web page full of ads and other confusing hoops that need to be jumped through.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 11:41pm
Thank you very much for responding, freddy, and thanks for the links. I had purchased the Traffic X PlusPak just after the last date for which the update was required. So I think the update was included in my download. However, I just received an email from Martyn, and he sent a link to me from which I downloaded a patch which (if I am ascertaining things correctly from the patch's file name) addresses only the problem with the KC-135 doors. I haven't installed the patch yet, but I will do so shortly. So thanks to Martyn, too, for helping me.

After purchasing the Traffic X PlusPak - Civil and Military, I took the better part of an entire day installing it. I wanted to install only certain aircraft and flight plans. Some of the aircraft and flight plans that came with the Traffic X PlusPak would have created redundancy. For example, I have owned the Just Flight C-130 Hercules for quite some time, and since I already had hundreds of C-130 Hercules flights using Traffic X (after spending huge chunks of time changing the C-130 flight plans that came with Traffic X so that they made use of my add-on C-130 Hercules, instead of the C-130 that came with Traffic X), I wanted to avoid having Traffic X PlusPak install even more C-130 flights using the C-130-J that comes with the PlusPak. Don't even ask me about all the steps I took, because at the end of the day on which I successfully completed the installation without messing up any of my existing flight plans, I realized that I had already forgotten some of the steps I took!

I will say this: Just Flight thought out things well, and it was only because they had done so that I was able to retain all of my existing flight plans and aircraft without having to install and keep any new aircraft and flight plans that I felt I did not want. It just took a little thinking on my part, too.

Dan

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:16am
Ah.  Glad to see you have the KC-135 doors issue sorted via the patch file provided from Martyn.

... regarding the Plus Pak, check your PM.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 3:56pm
The update patch did not solve the problem with the KC-135. The side cargo door remains completely open during taxiing and takeoff.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 10:14pm
Sounds like Martyn needs to send the KC-135 ground crews back for some additional training.  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic