This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with editing flights!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmn102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with editing flights!
    Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 9:41pm
Hi!
I hope someone can help me with this. When I was buying Traffic 2005 I read that this program offers possibility of creating multi leg flights..like KJFK-KORD-KLAX. I hope it is possible..and maybe someone can help me with it..or it was just empty advertisement????
Thank you in advance for any help!
Roman..nearby KPHL.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 10:54pm

As far as I know, flight plans in the T2005 format, as created by the Traffic 2005 Editor, are not capable of doing that.  They create flights that simply shuttle back and forth between two airports with an adjustable ground delay at each end.

There is a way however.  TTools, the freeware traffic solution, uses text flight plan files in a different format, which does accept multi-leg flights, up to 200 legs. 

Here's the really good news.  The Traffic 2005 Editor, when you select "Create Traffic Database from all files" will compile both types of text flight plan files into the single traffic bgl that is needed by FS to display the traffic.  You cannot create the multi-leg flight plan files with the Traffic 2005 Editor, but if you create them with Notepad in the TTools format, it will roll them all up into what you need.

The format of the two types of flight plan files is very different, but neither is particularly difficult.

John Allard
zmn102 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zmn102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 1:10am
Thank you allardjd for your response. It is great news even possibly it means more work. T2005 editior is easy to use to create flies// I love to create my own flight plans. One more thing if may I bother you. I am having problem with working how the right TTools file for multi leg flight should  look like.Did you ever created one?
for example it is TTool file for flight:
AC#653,RA4707,43%,24Hr,IFR,01:30:00,13:30:11,340,F,0866,KSFO,08:37:41,20:38:02,340,F,0867,RCTP

and then it is the same flight from T2005:
ABC,866,RCTP,KSFO,930,5607,340,JFAi_B7472_ABCC,RA4707,IFR,75
Any help with it? A little confusing..and so far working by trial and error....and can't find other help online for it.
Sorry to bother you...but I hope you'll be able to help me with that!
Thank you!
Roman ..very close to KNXX.

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:48am
This is from the TTools help file, with markups. 

John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic